UNC Game Thread... | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

UNC Game Thread...

Would feel better about this win if it wasn't for the fact that North Carolina is just awful. This late in the season this team should not be turning over the ball 15 times a game - when you don't have a dominant face off man that's just not going to get it done against the better teams. On the bright side - Solomon and Curry...

The ending was scripted by Hollywood: Down three late, claw back to tie the game, a chance to win in regulation but the turnover (heartbreak), then the score and win in OT.

Glad SU won.

Glad that UNC lost. A two-for-one!

In a corollary, I found myself rooting for JHU today against Penn State. Such a strange world we live in.

Would feel better about this win if it wasn't for the fact that North Carolina is just awful. This late in the season this team should not be turning over the ball 15 times a game - when you don't have a dominant face off man that's just not going to get it done against the better teams. On the bright side - Solomon and Curry...
Respectfully disagree. UNC is a good team. The secret today was that Cloutier was held down. SU was missing its very steady defenseman. Defense suffered from his absence. UNC has been hit by fearsome injuries. They played several inexperienced freshmen who showed well. Your post sounds like Quint's assessment. SU terrible. UNC worse. So sad. I enjoyed this game, fumbles and all.

Fetterly is unbearable. You almost don't want to see Syracuse score so we don't have to hear him scream like a maniac.

He’s our version of Suzyn Waldmam
It's really a shame that these guys can't remember that it's not the home broadcast anymore. We had the same thing with our game vs. UNC last week. It was really obvious where they were from. The crew for UVa comes a lot closer to calling it down the middle than that UNC crew did.

It's really a shame that these guys can't remember that it's not the home broadcast anymore. We had the same thing with our game vs. UNC last week. It was really obvious where they were from. The crew for UVa comes a lot closer to calling it down the middle than that UNC crew did.

Fetterly is the SU radio guy, its always a home broadcast.

Hate to say it but this feels like one of those games you can script the ending to right now

That's how you had this game scripted, right?

Ugly but an ugly win is better than an ugly loss I suppose.

Oh. I thought you were talking about the ESPN Extra TV cast.

I think the poster who commented on him was listening to the radio broadcast. The game itself was called by Quint and Anish which trust me had no SU slant. Some of the SU comments frankly were a bit absurd but Anish does that because he's an SU grad and doesn't want to be seen playing favorites.

I think the poster who commented on him was listening to the radio broadcast. The game itself was called by Quint and Anish which trust me had no SU slant. Some of the SU comments frankly were a bit absurd but Anish does that because he's an SU grad and doesn't want to be seen playing favorites.
I think Anish is a good PBP guy. But I agree - he seems to go too far the other way to ensure he doesn't sound like a homer.

i found it down right embarrassing when quint went into his 2 minute " goalie speak" mode of calling the game like he was actually in net communicating to the carolina D . how annoying was that ? "HEAD ON A SWIVEL...IS THAT ALL YOU GOT ? BLAHBLAHBLAH ROTATE!..."
i have to listen to quite a few games and have no problem with fetterly . take him over quint anyway.
WHHHOOOOO!!! (guessing cuse scored before the call is even made)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom