UNC or Denver? | Syracusefan.com

UNC or Denver?

Cuseology

Walk On
Who is a better matchup for us?

On the other side, Cornell scares me; and I felt this way before their last two dominant wins. I would rather see Duke or ND. Which one has a better chance of beating the Big Red?

don't know about matchups but i truly want to kick denvers ass.

why i hate denver.
upstart nobody denver decides to go out and invests a fortune in their lax program hiring a high profile coach bill tierney (cortland) and trying to build national credibility. absolutely no other competition out west so they come east to build cred. frankly if the eastern schools ignored them they would wither and die on the colorado vine. instead they get first dibs on any high profile western recruit. and like the self centered irish they bring absolutely nothing to the table and but want second helpings on everything.
screw the pioneers!

why i hate denver.
upstart nobody denver decides to go out and invests a fortune in their lax program hiring a high profile coach bill tierney (cortland) and trying to build national credibility. absolutely no other competition out west so they come east to build cred. frankly if the eastern schools ignored them they would wither and die on the colorado vine. instead they get first dibs on any high profile western recruit. and like the self centered irish they bring absolutely nothing to the table and but want second helpings on everything.
I'll tell ya one thing we don't do out east: change goalies on the fly. hahahahaha. that was terrible. "Hey Coach, shouldn't I wait for a horn?" "Hell no son, just run right in there right now" hahaha

Unc all the way, Denver has won 16 face offs in this game. But unc has more talent with all those #1 classes, so give me Denver lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Denver is scaring me the way they just took over this game

But with 13 seconds looking like it will be Denver

Was that Denver being the better team or UNC choking it away? What a finish! Bring on Denver! We laid our egg yesterday. I think we'll be ready for blood in Philly.

Who is a better matchup for us?

On the other side, Cornell scares me; and I felt this way before their last two dominant wins. I would rather see Duke or ND. Which one has a better chance of beating the Big Red?
Not worried about Denver. Quint's postgame comments aside, Denver doesn't have anything that resembles a defense. It's a given that SU will struggle at FO. But, provided Megill doesn't fall asleep like he did 3 times in the 3rd quarter, this should be a comfortable win.

Not worried about Denver. Quint's postgame comments aside, Denver doesn't have anything that resembles a defense. It's a given that SU will struggle at FO. But, provided Megill doesn't fall asleep like he did 3 times in the 3rd quarter, this should be a comfortable win.
Worried about Ianzitto ability to play. He is an important player at d mid and on clears.

why i hate denver.
screw the pioneers!

You're aware that Denver plays in the ECAC conference, along with Air Force, Ohio State, Michigan, and a bunch of other schools.

You're also aware that Denver and Air Force are the ONLY D1 schools that play LAX west of the Mississippi? They have no choice but to schedule Eastern teams.

They're hardly an upstart program ... they've been playing LAX since the 60's, and they've been a D1 team for almost 15 years. Not quite sure why you don't think they have a right to exist.

why i hate denver.
screw the pioneers!
Yes, because Lax would be so much better off if the same four schools traded titles every year. Growth is scary.

What was the final, I turned it off and started driving home and it was 9-4 unc I think heading into halftime.

Bill Tierney was the innovator of the Zone Defense in College Lax and that dosent concern You? How many Goals did UNC score after 1/2 Time.

A
Bill Tierney was the innovator of the Zone Defense in College Lax and that dosent concern You? How many Goals did UNC score after 1/2 Time.
Actually, the Princeton defenses of the 90s played almost exclusively m2m defense. Where Tierney was an innovator was with his slide packages. His defenses were so disciplined that the only got beat to a spot where a slide was already coming. Those slide packages were a nightmare for many teams, especially the Orange in the 90s.

sorry but my interest is purely SU LAX #1 .men's D1 lax health overall #2.
denver is 0-3 vs the cuse. all i'm saying is you don't want to lose recruits to denver don't schedule them. they'd disappear quick.

sorry but my interest is purely SU LAX #1 .men's D1 lax health overall #2.
denver is 0-3 vs the cuse. all i'm saying is you don't want to lose recruits to denver don't schedule them. they'd disappear quick.
I'm obviously an SU fan first as well...the first lacrosse game I ever watched was the 08 semifinal against Virginia and only because the school I was going to in the fall was playing. I want to win the thing every year, but I'd rather be a big fish in a big pond then be one of the few teams who have a chance to win a niche sport, and expansion out west and down south is a big part of that.

I'm obviously an SU fan first as well...the first lacrosse game I ever watched was the 08 semifinal against Virginia and only because the school I was going to in the fall was playing. I want to win the thing every year, but I'd rather be a big fish in a big pond then be one of the few teams who have a chance to win a niche sport, and expansion out west and down south is a big part of that.
2008? :)

I, too, didn't start watching lax until I got to The Hill... though my high school did have a team and we did have some PE introduction to the sport in middle school. My time on The Hill was in a different millennium... likely before your parents met. :)

Lax in the South is happening. Several SU lax alumni are here in Atlanta serving as coaches, not to mention being involved in summer camps. The Atlantic Sun starts their lacrosse league in 2014, ranging from VA to FL. Furman, in SC, has Navy's former coach, Richie Meade, at the helm. They boast an impressive opening schedule... offering themselves up for slaughter to established D-1 teams looking for early season, warmer climate, games.

The A-Sun currently has 6 teams signed up, though I'd be shocked if Mercer (Georgia's first D-1 program) and one other school didn't join before then. The more the merrier!

"but I'd rather be a big fish in a big pond then be one of the few teams who have a chance to win..."

i been watching SU lax since 1980 and like being the big fish very much and going to a final 4 every year.
now we ain't been back there since '09. we obviously have different reference points but screw parity.
i'd rather dominate.and if that means icing out denver so be it. the east rules lacrosse. shut the door.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom