Underrated Performances | Syracusefan.com

Underrated Performances

jmcclure33

Scout Team
I may have missed it already being discussed, but Bear and Garrett Williams were HUGE today imo. Bear blew up the middle of the line a lot, especially on that 4th down stop at the end. He was a lot to handle for the BC OL. Garrett made a lot of plays down the stretch too. A few big open field tackles and a big pass deflection on great coverage in the 4th Q. Very glad he was back this week.

I don’t think either will have eye-popping stat sheets, but were big reasons the D played as well as they did, I think. Very glad we have the bye week now to get some owies healed up and on to the ‘Ville!

GW is great at those quick WR screens. Bullied through the block to make the tackle today and had that incredible pick at FSU. Love his game

Terry Lockett - True frosh contributing at DT. Could miss this redshirt year, but at least it's not being wasted.

Yeah, this is low-key one of THE biggest developments of this season.

Our entire starting DL + 1 is departing after this year, and Lockett is already playing well enough to warrant minutes, in spite of all that talent and experience ahead of him.

Williams punts:
49 yards, no return
41 yards, no return
38 yards, no return
46 yards, no yards on return
41 yards with 33 yards return, hang time not great, coverage could have been better

43 yard average
Ok. I stand corrected.

They all didn’t look pretty, but mostly got the job done and a sign of improvement. Let’s hope it continues.
For the year hes averaging a net of 33 yards per punt.

The 5 starting offensive lineman played all 60 minutes not 1 substitution awesome job !!!
Bleich is a gamer. Still hurting but toughed it out. I hope the bye weak heals him up.

Williams punts:
49 yards, no return
41 yards, no return
38 yards, no return
46 yards, no yards on return
41 yards with 33 yards return, hang time not great, coverage could have been better

43 yard average
It wasn’t pretty, but he got some good rolls. I’ll take it.

Don't know how long we're gonna get away with low short punts... Jacksons return was on one...

Yeah, this is low-key one of THE biggest developments of this season.

Our entire starting DL + 1 is departing after this year, and Lockett is already playing well enough to warrant minutes, in spite of all that talent and experience ahead of him.
Agree...a point of concern next year (with pretty much the entire team coming back)...Lockett getting run is a nice sign as a true freshman.

Bleich is a gamer. Still hurting but toughed it out. I hope the bye weak heals him up.
amazing how this is emerging into...a strength? maybe the bar is low and shrader/tucker or so dang good, but they have more holes to run, more time to pass.

Ok. I stand corrected.
a bunch were like 30-35 yds with some bounce.. they only really had the 1 return though.. in warmups 2 punters struggle to get more than 30 yds and Williams is hitting them 50-60.. not sure whats happening in games.

It wasn’t pretty, but he got some good rolls. I’ll take it.
We need to bring in another punter. Kid isnt a gammer, doesnt provide any help. When your best outcome isn't a shank its time to recruit over him. Maybe he finds it in the off season but so far he is HS level.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom