Undervalued/Ranked Teams for upcoming Season | Syracusefan.com

Undervalued/Ranked Teams for upcoming Season

arbitragegls

All Conference
Fran Frachilla says that Andy Katz was wrong with his early season rankings. Below is his statement on 'Cuse. I believe he is correct. Interestingly, he left off DC2, Dirty, and Keita...do you agree that 'Cuse should be in top 10 for start of next season?

"No. 12 Syracuse Orange: Too low

With four of its six top scorers departing, it would appear as though Syracuse will be facing a major rebuilding job this season. However, the Orange are still loaded with top-10 talent, in my opinion. Six-five point guard Michael Carter-Williams is ready to step out of the shadows and into stardom. He'll team with senior Brandon Triche and 6-4 sniper Trevor Cooney, a top-50 recruit who redshirted this past season. C.J. Fair will anchor a front line that will include a talented incoming freshman scorer in Jerami Grant, and improving sophomore center Rakeem Christmas."

Sure I can see us deserving of the top 10. We return 7 players all who are ready to play...

MCW, Rak, CJ and Triche have proven they alone are good enough to get big minutes on any team in the country. That says alot.
DC2, Cooney ,Southerland and Grant could all belong in that list to.
Keita is a solid fill in hustler who gets most of his on the defensive end of the floor.

I think he has a valid argument.

Fraschilla cites Grant as a factor this coming season but no mention of Coleman?

He's right though, this is absolutely a top 10 team next year. The team presumably has three question marks in the likely starting lineup and they're all burger boys. Matching this past year's performance will be no small order, but IMO the pieces for next year will fit together better than they did this past season.

Defensively we have the aggressive players especially in MCW, Fair, Rak, Keita Southerland, sometimes Triche.

Curious which 2-3 players for us will average around 10 plus shots per game though.
It could be Fair, Southerland, Triche, Cooney, DC2, MCW. It will play out interestingly.

Fran Frachilla says that Andy Katz was wrong with his early season rankings. Below is his statement on 'Cuse. I believe he is correct. Interestingly, he left off DC2, Dirty, and Keita...do you agree that 'Cuse should be in top 10 for start of next season?

"No. 12 Syracuse Orange: Too low

With four of its six top scorers departing, it would appear as though Syracuse will be facing a major rebuilding job this season. However, the Orange are still loaded with top-10 talent, in my opinion. Six-five point guard Michael Carter-Williams is ready to step out of the shadows and into stardom. He'll team with senior Brandon Triche and 6-4 sniper Trevor Cooney, a top-50 recruit who redshirted this past season. C.J. Fair will anchor a front line that will include a talented incoming freshman scorer in Jerami Grant, and improving sophomore center Rakeem Christmas."

The big bolded part for me is what makes us top 10 talent. We redshirted a very good recruit and are basically getting a poor man's version of Wes Johnson out of him. (I know, its a different position, but there are a lot of similarities)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom