Unfair advantage | Syracusefan.com

Unfair advantage

Actionthrill

Walk On
Don’t you guys think it’s an unfair advantage for Duke to be on national TV for it’s summer games? When we did that tour a few years ago we weren’t on national TV. I just think this gives Duke an even more unfair recruiting advantage. What do you guys think?

Not really. It’s not like they are fighting Pitt for recruits and gaining an edge on them. Their peer schools who they battle for recruits are getting similar coverage right now (UNC, UK).

When Duke is battling the Syracuses or similar schools in recruiting the prestige gap is so great that a few August games vs McGill or whomever aren’t gonna tip the scales, it’ll take an intangible for the “lesser” school to generally win that battle.

I think it means the network believes that people nationally will tune in to watch this Duke team, and they didn’t believe they would have watched us.

Or someone negotiated a smart deal. We could easily do the same if the audience is there.

Could it be an unfair advantage? Sure. However, they have positioned themselves as a program to have that advantage. With that being said, I like our chances against them. Our guys have the experience and mental toughness that these talented Freshman will lack when it matters. Limit their transition and make Zion shoot from the outside...upset city.

I had no idea the Duke games up here were being televised (not that I would watch them). Certainly is an unfair advantage. At least that is my opinion. I have trouble getting most of ournon conference season games on my Dish Network and these Dukies get out of Country exhibition games on TV :mad::mad: :mad:

Well when u bring in the top 4 recruits in a class (never done before) A) people want to see them play and B) how is it any more of an advantage than thry already have? What they are now going to do, get the top 5 recruits?!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom