Unhappy Valley! | Syracusefan.com

Unhappy Valley!

Here is the paragraph from the Jones article that bothers me...
------------
O’Brien parachuted into an insane situation of which he could not fully know the context or ramifications. Really, neither did the people who hired him. No one could have known NCAA President Mark Emmert’s plans for executive decree and the sanctions that followed. It was all unprecedented and blindsided everyone.
-------------

It blindsided everyone? Really? Really? What a bunch of .

------------
O’Brien parachuted into an insane situation of which he could not fully know the context or ramifications. Really, neither did the people who hired him. No one could have known NCAA President Mark Emmert’s plans for executive decree and the sanctions that followed. It was all unprecedented and blindsided everyone.
-------------

its a sick and disgusting fan base - in there eyes nothing ever happened and they dont deserve any punishment

All4SU said:
------------
-------------

They got off so freaking light. They should have been shut down for 2 years and that might have been a decent start.

Bunch of losers really, seriously separate a game from a heinous crime, IDIOTS

For those of you at the game at Met Life, I'm sure, like me, you saw many shirts that were still openly praising Joe as well as others that said the NCAA overstepped their authority. It boggles my mind that so many of their fan base still don't get what happened on JoePa's watch.

Dennis Dodds said this today on one of the morning radio shows, how O'Brien walked into a situation where that unexpected penalty was later handed down.

I don't know if football coaches are too out of touch (i.e. ignorant, i.e. dumb) to realize what they are getting into with some of these college jobs. Or if they are smart enough to know that they have their excuse list lined up to soften the PR/legacy damage when they jump to the more attractive NFL job.

The fan reaction dynamic is certainly an enjoyable exercise.

“[O'Brien] adores the pro game, the purity of it, without the university politics and pretense of the college version.”

It's remarkable, but 100% true.

The pro game is a meritocracy, the college game is an aristocracy.

Love these posts on one of their forums:

"Hate to say it but it is a little bit creepy up there at state college. When I was at the nebraska game I was looking down from the stadium where the joe Paterno statue used to be and they had a pair of his pants and his black shoes standing up as a memorial. (No upper body. Just the pants and shoes) People were worshipping it and getting pictures taking with the pants. I really thought that was weird."

and in reference to a possible Shiano hire:

"He worked for Sandusky right when Sandusky was parading his kids through the Lasch showers. If he is picked, stand by for questions as to what he saw and what he knew. Best to not go there."

and finally:

"Does anyone have any insider information if Franco Harris is taking his Joe Paterno dummy to the press conference today? Creepier by the day!"

Dumpster fire ala' Butgers?

The muth fkn fact that the NCAA reinstated scholies is complete lunacy. We lost Jason Cabinda because of it.

Should be fun when the NCAA is done investigating our bball team.

F the NCAA. Are they STILL up on campus looking under rugs and in broom closets? Really? For the love of all that's holy, shite or get off the pot already! If I were SU I'd be dictating to them right about now. If they can't punish PSU and Miami for what went on at those schools, they certainly shouldn't be allowed to wave their wand of doom on whatever piddily stuff they find here. Ridiculous.

"He worked for Sandusky right when Sandusky was parading his kids through the Lasch showers. If he is picked, stand by for questions as to what he saw and what he knew. Best to not go there."
Dude, you have nailed something wonderful. They deserve each other. I might quit my job and get a 1-week journalism degree from the University of Phoenix just to get a press pass to their post-games. I would hound Schiano every week on that issue. Given everything else we know about him, it would not surprise me one bit to learn that he knew, didn't care, and did nothing.

The muth fkn fact that the NCAA reinstated scholies is complete lunacy. We lost Jason Cabinda because of it.

Should be fun when the NCAA is done investigating our bball team.
Absolutely nuts and then they turn around and say they won't make any changes to USC's sanctions because "there is no comparison between USC and Penn State." Yeah...One school enabled terrible crimes against innocent children and another allowed a player to take money from an agent..

Reporter: How can you insure that your staff will not have any transgressions since you seemed to not notice it when you were assistant defensive coach with Sandusky?

Schiano: :noidea: Next.

Reporter: How can you insure the players don't contract a staph infection under your supervision?

Schiano: :noidea: Next

Reporter: Your record at Rutgers was 68-67 (28-48 conference) in a weaker conference. At PSU, they are expecting more than a 50% record. How will your game day coaching change to insure to be competitive in the Big10?

Schiano: We play Rutgers, Maryland, Indiana, and Illinois each year so that gives us 4 wins plus expected wins against Temple and 3 other non-BCS teams. That gives us a winning record (8-4) each year and we can get to a bowl.

Reporter: The question was about being competitive in Big10 which means wins against tOSU, Michigan, Northwestern and Michigan St. The smoke screen that happened at Rutgers will not be acceptable here!

Schiano: :bang: Next!

northacuse said:
Love these posts on one of their forums:

"Hate to say it but it is a little bit creepy up there at state college. When I was at the nebraska game I was looking down from the stadium where the joe Paterno statue used to be and they had a pair of his pants and his black shoes standing up as a memorial. (No upper body. Just the pants and shoes) People were worshipping it and getting pictures taking with the pants. I really thought that was weird."

and finally:

"Does anyone have any insider information if Franco Harris is taking his Joe Paterno dummy to the press conference today? Creepier by the day!"

Dumpster fire ala' Butgers?

I'm shocked intelligent posters with some perspective are allowed on their boards.

The part that really shows how much they don't get it is these comments saying "we need a PENN STATE guy!"

I mean...no... no you don't. You need the opposite of one and you got it and you crapped on him.

F PSU

Can I get an amen?
amen-brother.jpg

What the Cult Board sez:

A poster named KJCarter posted: contrary to the way PSU is portrayed in the media, it's very much a "family" culture that puts academics and ethics ahead of wins and losses. That's why I think it is more important for PSU to hire an insider than it is for most programs. I'm not saying we should hire someone just because they are a Penn Stater, but we should focus on qualified candidates with ties to the school.

Seriously? a family culture that puts academics and ethics ahead of wins and losses? Yeah, let's go down the road of hiring another insider.
http://mbd.scoout.com/mb.aspx?s=157&f=1395&t=12534557

Note: copy and paste but remove 2nd "o" in the banned word.

What the Cult Board sez:

A poster named KJCarter posted: contrary to the way PSU is portrayed in the media, it's very much a "family" culture that puts academics and ethics ahead of wins and losses. That's why I think it is more important for PSU to hire an insider than it is for most programs. I'm not saying we should hire someone just because they are a Penn Stater, but we should focus on qualified candidates with ties to the school.

Seriously? a family culture that puts academics and ethics ahead of wins and losses? Yeah, let's go down the road of hiring another insider.
http://mbd.scoout.com/mb.aspx?s=157&f=1395&t=12534557

Note: copy and paste but remove 2nd "o" in the banned word.
Yikes. Not the kind of 'family' I would want to grow up in.

Oh Lord