Unique CFB Traditions - SU Mention | Syracusefan.com

Unique CFB Traditions - SU Mention

Only 2% of the student body DOESN'T attend football games. That's a remarkable stat.

I like that Cal hasn't done something to stop tightwad hill. Things like that make a school pretty cool.

I thought they'd mention how it's a tradition at Syracuse to leave in the middle of the 3rd if you're getting blown out, or if you're blowing someone out.
That’s a tradition everywhere in every sport

I was half joking...but I can assure you, that's not a tradition at every college.

At Alabama we would leave early so we could go watch the other games.

Only 2% of the student body DOESN'T attend football games. That's a remarkable stat.
My brother went to grad school at A&M and refers to competitions I like as "sport ball." So yeah, he was referred to as a "2 percenter."

"The tradition was briefly halted during the years Greg Robinson served as head coach"

:confused:

Our tradition of winning some football games was halted during those years too

I thought they'd mention how it's a tradition at Syracuse to leave in the middle of the 3rd if you're getting blown out, or if you're blowing someone out.
I leave because they stop serving beer.

Yup. We're on the list. Ours is the turning over of the opponent's symbol at the Varsity after we beat them. That's very good. But I wish it was that each year an outstanding senior got to wear #44.

The shoe burning thing...well...when I was at the no longer in existence address of 131 Standart St., I found that Phil Nash, #10, had left his size 13 orange nike turf shoes in the attic so I'm gonna say not everyone knows about it.

The shoe burning thing...well...when I was at the no longer in existence address of 131 Standart St., I found that Phil Nash, #10, had left his size 13 orange nike turf shoes in the attic so I'm gonna say not everyone knows about it.
And I'm going to say the entire team doesn't know about it

And I'm going to say the entire team doesn't know about it
I vaguely remember that Marrone brought it back, but I don’t know if Shafer carried it on. It’s why every year we burn our avitars

I vaguely remember that Marrone brought it back, but I don’t know if Shafer carried it on. It’s why every year we burn our avitars
Shafer did it also.

Phil Nash was my favorite player in the late ‘90s. I remember one kickoff where he jumped over two blockers to tackle the return man. Dude was an athletic lunatic on the field. I’d honestly consider buying the shoes off you if you’d kept them.

Why oh why did they have to choose a photo of Syracuse in those ugly uniforms.

Regardless of how you feel about the current uniforms, they're at least an improvement on those.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom