United States of College Basketball 2021-22 | Syracusefan.com

United States of College Basketball 2021-22

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt

usmapbb-updated.jpg

State of the state: Bathe in this, Bonnies fans. The most hyped season in five decades is here. Four years ago I ranked St. Bonaventure ahead of Syracuse and Orange fans lost their minds. This time around, probably not as much because most everyone objectively sees that the Bonnies have a superior roster heading into the start of the season. I've got Bona No. 19 in my 1-358 and Syracuse No. 46. The gap between the two hasn't been this big since Bob Lanier was lacing them up in Olean. New York has a lot of teams you could see on your tournament bracket in March. Buffalo, Iona, Siena and Colgate all have their sights set on winning their leagues. And in Queens, St. John's will probably be No. 4 or No. 5 in the Big East.

usmapbb-updated.jpg

State of the state: Bathe in this, Bonnies fans. The most hyped season in five decades is here. Four years ago I ranked St. Bonaventure ahead of Syracuse and Orange fans lost their minds. This time around, probably not as much because most everyone objectively sees that the Bonnies have a superior roster heading into the start of the season. I've got Bona No. 19 in my 1-358 and Syracuse No. 46. The gap between the two hasn't been this big since Bob Lanier was lacing them up in Olean. New York has a lot of teams you could see on your tournament bracket in March. Buffalo, Iona, Siena and Colgate all have their sights set on winning their leagues. And in Queens, St. John's will probably be No. 4 or No. 5 in the Big East.

Norlander really trying talk up his evaluation skills with this one. Bonnie's definitely a team to watch. They also lost to the only P5 opponent they played last year so hard to say just how good they really are hence the pre season rankings mean nothing standard.

Haven't listened to them but used to Read Parrish's takes. Always seemed like an obnoxious personality to me. Doug Gottlieb like.
I try to support smaller media (not Matty Charts small) when it comes to college hoops. Don't really need to listen to guys talk about nothing but blue bloods and ranked teams.

Tough to find quality podcasts, though.

As an Ohio resident all my entire life, F Ohio State. OU Oh Yeah! (And, of course, Syracuse).

usmapbb-updated.jpg

Matt Norlander continues to prove he’s terrible at his job.

I try to support smaller media (not Matty Charts small) when it comes to college hoops. Don't really need to listen to guys talk about nothing but blue bloods and ranked teams.

Tough to find quality podcasts, though.
My friend has a podcast if youre interested: CBB Central Podcast. Although they aren’t the most optimistic of Cuse, they do tend to look at CBB at a more national lens.

I'm not sure I get the hype. Who was their big wins, VCU, and St Louis. Their conference is solid, but it's not like they went undefeated, or only had a loss or two last year.

I'm not sure I get the hype. Who was their big wins, VCU, and St Louis. Their conference is solid, but it's not like they went undefeated, or only had a loss or two last year.

Lofton and Osunniyi(sp?) Are probably the drivers. Two very good players even if last year's wins were not impressive. Not saying I buy the hype just where it's coming from...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom