Unless JB Really Wants A Shooter On The Wing | Syracusefan.com

Unless JB Really Wants A Shooter On The Wing

UpstateSM

LeQuint Allen/Justin Taylor Flag-Planter
It sure seems like Quadir is the best option to start at the 3. Small sample size obviously but he looks like the best basketball player of Bell/Taylor/Himself. Nothing against the other two but man he just seems like a hooper.

Not the shooter like the other two but he put himself in position to grab rebounds tonight and you can tell he has a feel for the game offensively. Going to be hard to keep him off the floor.

If I were to rank the three, it would be #1 QC, #2 JT and #3 CB. With Mintz and Girard being combo guards, it would be interesting sneaking Copeland in at the 3. The guy sees the floor better than anyone else on our team.

It sure seems like Quadir is the best option to start at the 3. Small sample size obviously but he looks like the best basketball player of Bell/Taylor/Himself. Nothing against the other two but man he just seems like a hooper.

Not the shooter like the other two but he put himself in position to grab rebounds tonight and you can tell he has a feel for the game offensively. Going to be hard to keep him off the floor.
Yeah… snap judgement from me with almost no data but tonight - but sure looked like Copeland at the 3 with Taylor and Brown off the bench.

Unless Bell can shoot a hell of a lot better than that, he’s gonna find himself at the bottom of a short rotation.

It’s nice to have 3 C’s. Edwards is the best we’ve had there in a minute.

Bell and Carey look to be the furthest behind. The other 4 frosh all showed some nice positives. Taylor isn't flashy but his size and fundamentals are impressive. Brown may be a better option behind Jesse for defense vs good offensive teams with his versatility plus he can finish.

Going to be hard to keep him off the floor.
JB:
challenge accepted training GIF

Yeah… snap judgement from me with almost no data but tonight - but sure looked like Copeland at the 3 with Taylor and Brown off the bench.

Unless Bell can shoot a hell of a lot better than that, he’s gonna find himself at the bottom of a short rotation.

Copeland might only be 6-6 but he plays like 6-9 with his wingspan and being so active. Also he is quick off the ground on the board.

CB’s form looked weird.

Always a different story when/if they go in obviously.

But unless he’s a 35% from 3 guy now that will soon develop into a good defender…..

I think it’s worth considering if the seemingly more savvy and well rounded b-ball player that is smaller and can’t shoot the 3 might still bring more to the table? Especially against man to man.

In my opinion, Bell lacks a feel for the game. Copeland has it beyond anyone else on the team. Taylor has a good feel for the game. Bell doesn't seem to have any feel for the game. He doesn't know what a good shot is and he doesn't pass well. I think he can get there, but he must be one hell of a shooter in practice, because he should have been coming off the bench.

I’m not convinced Bell is a better shooter than JT in a D1 basketball game. Maybe in prep ball or practice or whatever but JT looked much more comfortable on the three he hit tonight than Bell did on any of his attempts.

Looking forward to next Tuesday to see how everyone looks with less jitters.

In my opinion, Bell lacks a feel for the game. Copeland has it beyond anyone else on the team. Taylor has a good feel for the game. Bell doesn't seem to have any feel for the game. He doesn't know what a good shot is and he doesn't pass well. I think he can get there, but he must be one hell of a shooter in practice, because he should have been coming off the bench.

He had the most nerves of any frosh out there tonight. Everyone but Taylor did in the first half but CB never settled down. He can stroke it though for sure.

I agree in principal, but you need to also think about the collective team shooting, and with that kind of lineup, Gerard is the only one capable of hitting a three.

Scary.
Small sample size, but Mintz hit 2-3 today and Williams 1-1. If they can be threats at all, we can get by with a 3pt threat at 3 positions, even if only one of them is a real threat.

Bell could go 5-7 from deep next game.

That's his M.O. we need shooters and he has that ability. I wouldn't expect Joe and Jesse to start most games looking like crap either. Tonight both were rusty out of the gate. When your senior leaders aren't getting it done it's not helping the youngins.

Mintz can hit a 3

Most modern college basketball teams have at least three shooters on the court at any given point. A lineup with Mintz, Joe, Benny, and quadir falls short.

I'm also not convinced that Mintz, Bell, Taylor, or any of the new numbers are going to consistently produce from three. Remains to be seen.

I love quadir, for the record. Would love for the team to find a way to get him minutes, irrespective of position. I'm just worried about her shooting this year, and I don't think anything can be taken for granted outside of Girard

Most modern college basketball teams have at least three shooters on the court at any given point. A lineup with Mintz, Joe, Benny, and quadir falls short.

I'm also not convinced that Mintz, Bell, Taylor, or any of the new numbers are going to consistently produce from three. Remains to be seen.

I love quadir, for the record. Would love for the team to find a way to get him minutes, irrespective of position. I'm just worried about her shooting this year, and I don't think anything can be taken for granted outside of Girard
The next exhibition and the first couple games are going to be really interesting. Because, I don't think our most effective lineup is going to be a conventional lineup.

We will have to rely on shot making vs "shooting" this year. I think we do have some of that though but we aren't putting 3 shooters on the floor in a traditional sense.

This is where running action with Jesse and using a top 10 collegiate center and top 5 offensive collegiate center becomes so critical. We can't use him like we started the game or the second half. He has to be a key cog and piece anytime we aren't running.

It remains to be seen if we can do these things. For one half of basketball I see some hope. Hope is very loose these days though.

We will have to rely on shot making vs "shooting" this year. I think we do have some of that though but we aren't putting 3 shooters on the floor in a traditional sense.

This is where running action with Jesse and using a top 10 collegiate center and top 5 offensive collegiate center becomes so critical. We can't use him like we started the game or the second half. He has to be a key cog and piece anytime we aren't running.

It remains to be seen if we can do these things. For one half of basketball I see some hope. Hope is very loose these days though.

Judah
Joe
Symir
Copeland
Benny
Jesse

Pick another forward and big guy for spot minutes.

If we gotta go small at a forward spot and go man…..friggin adjust. It’s basketball.

Judah
Joe
Symir
Copeland
Benny
Jesse

Pick another forward and big guy for spot minutes.

If we gotta go small at a forward spot and go man…..friggin adjust. It’s basketball.

Seriously. I loved seeing them just go out and ball. Forget boxing things in. Just go play and get after it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom