UNLV QB refuses to play rest of season | Syracusefan.com

UNLV QB refuses to play rest of season

OrangeCrush22

All American
UNLV’s starting QB Matt Sluka announced on his Instagram that he won’t be playing the rest of the season due to NIL issues. He will use his redshirt year and transfer in the offseason.

The UNLV game just got a lot easier for us.

He may have been approached with more money to transfer.

Last edited by a moderator:
This sucks for the game of football.

Also why not wait until after Fresno State? You can still redshirt after. If you lose, then less people will rip you on the move.

One would think that he can make a good chunk of money doing commercials for a playoff team. How much money will he really get in NIL at another G5 next season? Is that worth throwing away a great chance at the playoffs?

Wow… I mean sheesh. Works in our favor for sure. This current landscape is very odd. I don’t blame the kid, he knows he isn’t NFL material and this is a big opportunity to make serious coin. What a botch job by UNLV. You would imagine the money would be good prior to offering. Who in gods name will want to transfer to UNLV now on the basis of NIL?

Hard to comment without knowing all the facts but…yikes.

Was he promised NIL payments by now that haven’t been paid? Yikes

Was he already offered NIL money by another program if he sits out the rest of the year and redshirts? Yikes.

Unless he has another deal lined up (assuming he does), I could see this effecting his recruitment as he moves on.

Could also be why we took a pass on him

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom