Unnecessary or Excessive | Syracusefan.com

Unnecessary or Excessive

I thought for something to be unnecessary or excessive it had to be unnecessary or excessive.

But this seems not to be the case. Anybody know why?
I assume you're talking about the unnecessary and excessive elbow to the face committed on what was already a horrendous adventure

Last edited:
Basically if you stick your head near another players elbow you’ll always draw the flagrant. Just stick your face near someone’s elbow and you’re golden. Officials like Roger Ayer’s get big boners over that stuff.

Each time an elbow touched a unc player, they stayed down for an awfully long time. Either the are a little soft or the are making sure that the refs take another look.

The call was garbage. Mintz was making a basketball move and the UNC player’s head was touched. Mintz did nothing out of a normal motion to initiate contact with the head. Charge is a fair call if the defender was set and that is what the ref saw.
To upgrade it to a F1 is a crap call. The color commentator nailed it in the moment. That is what a player is a taught. If any contact to the head is now a flagrant foul then college hoops are cooked.

It was just a terrible upgrade and those refs deserve a real punishment. We would have had a tough winning without the upgrade unless UNC missed FTs but the upgrade to F1 ended the game.

I assume you're taking about the unnecessary and excessive elbow to the face committed on what was already a horrendous adventure

Oh… No.

I’m talking about the normal euro-step move where the ballhandler moved the ball from one side to the other over his head in a manner that can only be described as not excessive and not unnecessary.

Oh… No.

I’m talking about the normal euro-step move where the ballhandler moved the ball from one side to the other over his head in a manner that can only be described as not excessive and not unnecessary.
Eurostep lol

The call was garbage. Mintz was making a basketball move and the UNC player’s head was touched. Mintz did nothing out of a normal motion to initiate contact with the head. Charge is a fair call if the defender was set and that is what the ref saw.
To upgrade it to a F1 is a crap call. The color commentator nailed it in the moment. That is what a player is a taught. If any contact to the head is now a flagrant foul then college hoops are cooked.

It was just a terrible upgrade and those refs deserve a real punishment. We would have had a tough winning without the upgrade unless UNC missed FTs but the upgrade to F1 ended the game.
Swung the game indefinitely. At least SU would have had one more shot at a basket with a charge and then a foul to put UNC on the line. They were robbed of that opportunity by an overzealous ref. Ruined an otherwise wire to wire good game.

This. Judah clocked the same guy minutes before. He lost the benefit of the doubt.
And then woofed at him while he was on the floor.

To be fair, Davis was getting into Mintz's ear all night and pushing/shoving, he worked him over all game to get him upset and it worked to his advantage at the end.

Last edited:
Each time an elbow touched a unc player, they stayed down for an awfully long time. Either the are a little soft or the are making sure that the refs take another look.
It’s as if Davis used what happened in the NC State game to try and manipulate calls last night.

This. Judah clocked the same guy minutes before. He lost the benefit of the doubt.
The game breaks if you let players go full speed hoping to blast a barely moving defender hoping for a whistle before a shot or travel. Refs never give a guy the call if it's that wild, it may not be a written rule but we know it's real, we have seen it a million times

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom