Unsung hero of the game... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Unsung hero of the game...

Just in general, this is the most "unSyracuse" of teams since I first stepped foot on campus in 1976 in terms of making free throws. Whatever else this squad does or doesn't have going for it, it sure as heck can shoot free throws . . . and it ain't often that THAT is one of our greatest strengths. Now if we can just pull everything else together, and then keep it together! LGO!!

Frank Anselem coming off the bench and making four clutch free throws in OT after Jesse fouled out. Without those free throws, we lose.
If he was in for the end game FTs, we win.

Frank Anselem coming off the bench and making four clutch free throws in OT after Jesse fouled out. Without those free throws, we lose.
Was good to see him shine and get some confidence, particularly after the announcers were all over him for 'jogging 3/4 of the court' when he initially came in and the team gave up an easy bucket.

Great article on Syracuse.com on Frank. I'm glad to see her is persisting through adversity of not playing a whole lot last year. I'm glad he is Orange and feel he has a very bright future here.

Gotta feel great for Frank. Watching Jesse thrive the past few games is undoubtedly a blow to his confidence. Jessie ultimately beat out Frank for that spot. Frank coming in under all that pressure and barely playing, and knocking down those FTs were huge. When we are inevitably on the bubble, those FTs could be the swaying factor

Your take was honestly the worst one i heard this season. Jesse is a blossoming star and playing better than Sidibe ever has. Frank looked capable last night, knocked down huge free throws. I think Center is the least of our worries.
Not to mention the timing of his take.

Frank did well with the foul shots, I thought Symir coming in helped change the momentum back to SU at a time when things were quickly going south.

Your take was honestly the worst one i heard this season. Jesse is a blossoming star and playing better than Sidibe ever has. Frank looked capable last night, knocked down huge free throws. I think Center is the least of our worries.
Yeah this season, our proven players are still at the other positions - not arguing with you they just need him to solidify the position. Jesse still fouled out in regulation

Gotta feel great for Frank. Watching Jesse thrive the past few games is undoubtedly a blow to his confidence. Jessie ultimately beat out Frank for that spot. Frank coming in under all that pressure and barely playing, and knocking down those FTs were huge. When we are inevitably on the bubble, those FTs could be the swaying factor
I really doubt it is a “blow” to Frank. He’s getting in and not riding the pine. He’s still super young. And now with Sidibe on ice for a bit, he has to be ready to contribute.

After not getting back on D in the second half Frank was the subject of lengthy criticism by the ESPN announcer. He went on about it for far too long IMO. Anyone else hear it and think it was weird?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom