Upcoming concerts and musicians | Syracusefan.com

Upcoming concerts and musicians

CuseFaninVT

2023-24 Iggy Winner Leading Rebounder
Having been around here long enough now to realize we have some wild and varied interests, and I think it's high time we put that to the purposes of good instead of evil.

I'd love to hear about great bands that you think worthy of my time, and especially if they are touring so that I may catch them live. I miss shows, so it's time to get back to it.

I'm heading to the Flogging Molly show in a couple weeks and I'm pretty excited.

Enter the Haggis is coming in December so I may catch them again.

What else does everyone have?

MiniCuse , moqui , come on, you guys have anything new on the horizon that would be good to see now before they blow up?

I just saw Greta Van Fleet a couple of weeks ago. If that’s your style, they were fantastic.

Queensryche at Turning Stone Feb 2 will be my 7th Queensryche show, but first with Todd La Torre on vocals, so looking forward to that.

on tour now, goin soon with about 20 friends for my bday

Of course they will be up here the same night I have tickets to the Celtics in Boston. I like the sound though. That's what I'm looking for with this thread...

I'm not a big stadium concertgoer but I'm considering catching the Foo Fighters at Fenway Park this summer.

Big Head Todd & the Monsters always put on a good show. Wilbur Theatre in Boston, Jan28

I'm not a big stadium concertgoer but I'm considering catching the Foo Fighters at Fenway Park this summer.

Big Head Todd & the Monsters always put on a good show. Wilbur Theatre in Boston, Jan28

My wife just sent me a link for the Foo show. I may be there as well.

A buddy of mine from an old job went to school with Todd. Also a musician who did some regional stuff in the Rockies back in the 80s and 90s. Still pissed Todd made it big and his band didn't...

Having been around here long enough now to realize we have some wild and varied interests, and I think it's high time we put that to the purposes of good instead of evil.

I'd love to hear about great bands that you think worthy of my time, and especially if they are touring so that I may catch them live. I miss shows, so it's time to get back to it.

I'm heading to the Flogging Molly show in a couple weeks and I'm pretty excited.

Enter the Haggis is coming in December so I may catch them again.

What else does everyone have?

I saw somewhere that the Dirty Heads are playing in the Albany area the week after your Flogging Molly show

if you are in the Albany area, one of the top jambands from the 90 is paying a reunion show in Jan

MiniCuse , moqui , come on, you guys have anything new on the horizon that would be good to see now before they blow up?

I saw Blondie this summer. Went to see Eagles of Death Metal/Mastodon a few weeks ago. Saw King Crimson this past Thursday. I may go see Alter Bridge again. Been thinking about seeing Dream Theater once more because they're touring the "Images and Words" album. Robert Plant is touring this fall.

The only "new" band that was on my radar this concert season was The Struts opening for the Foo Fighters. I'm kind of "meh" on the Foo Fighters so I couldn't justify the $100+ ticket price.

Last edited:
I saw Blondie this summer. Went to see Eagles of Death Metal/Mastodon a few weeks a go. Saw King Crimson a couple of nights ago. T
Seeing King Crimson in about 10 days. Looking forward to it.

Seeing King Crimson in about 10 days. Looking forward to it.
Sorry about that, accidentally posted it before I was finished writing. The Crimson show was good. Enjoy.

I see Flogging Molly yearly running on 10 years or so. By far my favorite band to see live. Enjoy the show!

I will be seeing Fallout Boy in Charlotte this coming Friday with my daughter. This is the second time taking her and surprisingly they are fantastic live.

The weekend after that the wife and I are seeing Ray Lamontagne do an acoustic set here in Asheville.

My wife just sent me a link for the Foo show. I may be there as well.

A buddy of mine from an old job went to school with Todd. Also a musician who did some regional stuff in the Rockies back in the 80s and 90s. Still pissed Todd made it big and his band didn't...

If I hadn't already spent my concert allowance money I would have gone to the Foos show just to watch The Struts open. I like the retro, dirty English rock band thing they've got going on.

They're like the Stones and Queen mixed in with a MCR or TSTM vibe. Like "The Black Parade" meets "The Show Must Go On."

Sons of Apollo is Mike Portnoy on drums, Derek Sherinian on keyboards, Billy Sheehan on bass, Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal on guitar and Jeff Scott Soto on vocals.

Sons of Apollo is Mike Portnoy on drums, Derek Sherinian on keyboards, Billy Sheehan on bass, Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal on guitar and Jeff Scott Soto on vocals.
Billy Sheehan is probably best known by the masses as the guy who played bass with David Lee Roth, and for me it’s easily the worst example of his career.

Billy Sheehan is probably best known by the masses as the guy who played bass with David Lee Roth, and for me it’s easily the worst example of his career.

I can't disagree with that assessment. It was Dave's thing and Billy, Stevie and the Bissonette brothers were hired guns essentially. "Shyboy" and "Ladies Night in Buffalo" were from Sheehan's Talas days.

I saw Blondie this summer. Went to see Eagles of Death Metal/Mastodon a few weeks ago. Saw King Crimson this past Thursday. I may go see Alter Bridge again. Been thinking about seeing Dream Theater once more because they're touring the "Images and Words" album. Robert Plant is touring this fall.

The only "new" band that was on my radar this concert season was The Struts opening for the Foo Fighters. I'm kind of "meh" on the Foo Fighters so I couldn't justify the $100+ ticket price.

Saw the documentary about Eagles of Death Metal last week about the Paris attack and their show at the Bataclan. Really well done. Tom Hanks' kid Colin directed it.

These guys are starting to blow up. Too Many Zoos. Some of my jazzer friends and professor colleagues say this Vanilla Ice looking dude is the best sax player in the world. Note: that is a bari sax. Heavy! And he is doing the dancing too. They were jazz/music school majors somewhere in NYC when they got discovered in the subway. Now they are touring around. Sick, sick stuff coming from someone in the business. Their vibe is sort of acoustic dance music/house. “Brasshouse” they like to call it. Obviously some jazz roots as the foundation. Their stamina is unreal and the transition here at 6:57 is sick.

Last edited:
These guys are starting to blow up. Too Many Zoos. Some of my jazzer friends and professor colleagues say this Vanilla Ice looking dude is the best sax player in the world. Note: that is a bari sax. Heavy! And he is doing the dancing too. They were jazz/music school majors somewhere in NYC when they got discovered in the subway. Now they are touring around. Sick, sick stuff coming from someone in the business. Their vibe is sort of acoustic dance music/house. “Brasshouse” they like to call it. Obviously some jazz roots as the foundation. Their stamina is unreal and the transition here at 6:57 is sick.

Superb. Don't care what style you like. I laughed more than a handful of times. Thank you for posting.

4.5 million views, and those fools just walked by.

Last edited:
Superb. Don't care what style you like. I laughed more than a handful of times. Thank you for posting.

4.5 million views, and those fools just walked by.

To be fair that clip was taken before anybody knew about them. They were just playing in the subway and doing random small bar gigs in NYC for beer money. But, if I’m in the subway that day and those cats are playing; there is ZERO chance I’m just walking by! But yeah, it’s phenomenal. One has no soul or no pulse if you shun this.

Last edited:
To be fair that clip was taken before anybody knew about them. They were just playing in the subway and doing random small bar gigs in NYC for beer money. But, if I’m in the subway that day and those cats are playing; there is ZERO chance I’m just walking by! But yeah, it’s phenomenal. One has no soul or no pulse if you shun this.

To be fair, the masses like the "music" they're marketed. And then there are people that like music.

btw. They did have a sizable subway crowd, that they panned to once. All hope is not lost. Again, thnx.

I have no soul and no pulse.

I’m a musician, so I know what he’s doing takes immense talent, just not for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom