Update on my surgery | Syracusefan.com

Update on my surgery

iommi

Living Legend
I made a post in the "prayers" thread but it may get overlooked. I wanted to update all of you who were so nice to express your positive thoughts and concern.

I am doing very well and the surgery went great. I am very sore but comfortable. I'm in the hospital overnight but have my own room.

The surgery started late, so I was able to watch the first half live and then the 2nd half on the WatchESPN app on replay. Our defense and Ennis won the game for us. We made our freebies when the game was in the balance.

Thanks so much for all your support. You guys really lifted my spirits...between you guys pulling for me and my Orange getting a hard-fought win, I feel like a million bucks.

LGO! UConn and cancer!

I made a post in the "prayers" thread but it may get overlooked. I wanted to update all of you who were so nice to express your positive thoughts and concern.

I am doing very well and the surgery went great. I am very sore but comfortably. I'm in the hospital overnight but have my own room.

The surgery started late, so I was able to watch the first half live and then the 2nd half on the WatchESPN app on replay. Our defense and Ennis won the game for us. We made our freebies when the game was in the balance.

Thanks so much for all your support. You guys really lifted my spirits...between you guys pulling for me and my Orange getting a hard-fought win, I feel like a million bucks.

LGO! UConn and cancer!

Woot! quote="iommi, post: 895627, member: 249"]I made a post in the "prayers" thread but it may get overlooked. I wanted to update all of you who were so nice to express your positive thoughts and concern.

I am doing very well and the surgery went great. I am very sore but comfortably. I'm in the hospital overnight but have my own room.

LGO! UConn and cancer![/quote]

LGO! UConn and cancer!
boy that is great news. Did you know the score when you watched the second half? The reason I ask, after all you went through today, were you nervious watching the second half?

boy that is great news. Did you know the score when you watched the second half? The reason I ask, after all you went through today, were you nervious watching the second half?

I've got to believe that after what he went through, he probably wasn't that nervous about a sports outcome. : )

I am doing very well and the surgery went great. I am very sore but comfortable. I'm in the hospital overnight but have my own room.

LGO! UConn and cancer!
Great News!!!
love the enthusiasm of Uconn OVER cancer
Stay strong

yeah, I knew we won. I was watching live and they took me to surgery after Cooney hit a 3 to give us a 32-25 lead in the 2nd half. The second I was conscious I had the nurse put the tv on and I saw we won on the ESPN scroll. Then I watched the rest of the replay on my iPad.

Last night I watched Wolf of Wall Street. Good flick. It's been a great 24 hours, all things considered.

Wonderful news! Prayers continue for your strengthening and getting home soon. Beating cancer is a better victory than anything I have seen on a basketball court.

LGO! UConn and cancer!
And I was going to stop drinking beer for the night but now...pop a top again. Stay strong. Psss, UConn just lost. ;)

So glad surgery over and now you can focus on getting better. Oh, and watching Syracuse bball, of course! I was in the hospital once while an SU game was going on and you could hear the shouts and shrieks all over the floor. I'll never forget it! Anyway, Iommi, slow but steady - just like Ennis - will win the game for you. Good luck and "see" you soon. You are a Great Fan.

Glad to hear it. As I posted previously I just had surgery for colon cancer August 23. Not sure exactly what type of cancer you were diagnosed with but if it's the same shoot me a private message and I'd be happy to give you the rundown on what to expect.

GO ORANGE!

LGO! UConn and cancer!

LGO! UConn and cancer!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom