Update your Cuse regular season final projection with what you have seen. | Syracusefan.com

Update your Cuse regular season final projection with what you have seen.

My prediction: 20+ wins.

the team has won 6 of 7 and is getting better...some bad losses early but for me that was a given...I expect this team to keep improving and to go on a run in conference play.

feb/march syr wont be the same as nov syr.

still not sure if theyll be able to beat the ranked teams on their sched, which will be necessary to make the tourney, though.

I'm sticking with 16-15.

I think we will finish above .500. We have what, 17 ACC games left? Currently 9-5 (2-1). I am going with the optimistic approach and guessing 19-12 (12-8). Partly because UL and FSU are bad.

@ UL - W
@ UVA - L
VT - L
ND - W
@ Miami - L
@ GT - W
UNC - W
@ VT - L
UVA - L
@ BC - W
@ FSU - W
NCST - W
Duke - L
@ Clemson - W
@ Pitt - L
GT - W
WF - W

20 wins overall, 18 in the reg season 2 in the ACC tournament and an NIT bid, just not enough good teams in the ACC

I'm more confident that we'll get above .500 than I was to begin the year.

The forwards -- who were huge liabilities earlier in the year -- have intermittently produced to the extent that I think JB will just experiment with rotations in hopes of finding what works according to matchups any given game.

But I do think this team could go on bad streaks if shots don't drop. That Pitt loss was incredibly disheartening, and evaporated the momentum they'd built for the 4 or 5 preceding games.

So to summarize -- I think we can and should get back on the right side of .500, but I think we're still too limited to do much more than that, and could envision several hot winning and cold losing streaks as we make our way through the ACC. We just struggle too much against quality teams.

I feel better about our chances at a winning season now, mainly because Benny and Mintz are playing a lot better now, and because Boeheim continues to show a willingness to play guys until he finds who is playing well that night and one thing we at least have at forward is different options to try on a given night.

I’d say 17-14, maybe 18-13.

most likely: 16-15 or 15-16
most optimistic: 18-13
most pessimistic: 12-19

I think we will finish above .500. We have what, 17 ACC games left? Currently 9-5 (2-1). I am going with the optimistic approach and guessing 19-12 (12-8). Partly because UL and FSU are bad.

@ UL - W
@ UVA - L
VT - L
ND - W
@ Miami - L
@ GT - W
UNC - W
@ VT - L
UVA - L
@ BC - W
@ FSU - W
NCST - W
Duke - L
@ Clemson - W
@ Pitt - L
GT - W
WF - W
I'd say these are pretty good picks...

if the favorite always won, this would be about right...but this team has talent and i expect them to win at least a couple of the L's you predict. Wouldnt be college bball otherwise.

Also, last couple of years, it was lack of athleticism holding the team down and keeping a low cieling in place...they simply couldnt hang ahtletically with good squads...this team isnt without issues, but they can hang with anyone physically, imo...and just might step it up down the stretch...(boeheim teams often have in the past)...

if the favorite always won, this would be about right...but this team has talent and i expect them to win at least a couple of the L's you predict. Wouldnt be college bball otherwise.

Also, last couple of years, it was lack of athleticism holding the team down and keeping a low cieling in place...they simply couldnt hang ahtletically with good squads...this team isnt without issues, but they can hang with anyone physically, imo...and just might step it up down the stretch...(boeheim teams often have in the past)...
Definitely was the case last year. Two years ago we were pretty athletic on paper with Griffin, Guerrier, Braswell, and that backup PG. Problems came when we’d have Girard/Buddy together AND Marek at center.

@ UL - W
@ UVA - L
VT - L
ND - W
@ Miami - L
@ GT - W
UNC - W
@ VT - L
UVA - L
@ BC - W
@ FSU - W
NCST - W
Duke - L
@ Clemson - W
@ Pitt - L
GT - W
WF - W
My prediction would include roughly those same wins and losses as well. My only switch would be a win against VT at home and a loss to Clemson on the road. Pitt on the road is also a winnable game but who knows how it’ll go a second time against them.

My prediction would include roughly those same wins and losses as well. My only switch would be a win against VT at home and a loss to Clemson on the road. Pitt on the road is also a winnable game but who knows how it’ll go a second time against them.
i know UNC has looked rough so far and we’ve played them pretty good the last couple...but 2-8 the last 10. It’s gonna be rough for our young team to beat that experience, even at home

If BC Benny shows up the majority of the remaining games I've got 21-10. If he does not 16-15 is my call. 23-8 absolute ceiling, 12-19 absolute floor.

Also 21-10 still means we have to make the ACC championship game (at minimum) for a bid.

Basically impossible to predict the games that will be lost though as well. Absolutely could lose to FSU even, to be honest.

Pitt on the road is also a winnable game but who knows how it’ll go a second time against them.
One would have to think we don't go down 20 points to them before mounting a comeback.

I'm thinking optimistically 19-12 overall which would be a huge improvement with a younger squad than last year.

we could play well and lose a couple we should win.. or play poorly and lose a couple we should win..

What we need is the other teams to throw a couple stinkers in for us in games we play decent in to take advantage of it.

the biggest problem is we have so little room for error on the shooting front. our shooters can often hardly stay in the game because they do other things poorly.

If we knew we were gonna get 15 pt and some rebound Benny every night that would be huge mot 3 pt and 15 min Benny.

we could play well and lose a couple we should win.. or play poorly and lose a couple we should win..

What we need is the other teams to throw a couple stinkers in for us in games we play decent in to take advantage of it.

the biggest problem is we have so little room for error on the shooting front. our shooters can often hardly stay in the game because they do other things poorly.

If we knew we were gonna get 15 pt and some rebound Benny every night that would be huge mot 3 pt and 15 min Benny.
last years team avergaged 77 points scored/game

this years is at 76/game

the whole off-season narrative about where will the shooting and scoring come from...as I predicted...simply has been a non-factor.

offense and shooting isnt an issue...the team is scoring just as much as it did with the "best shooting team ever"

the defense is much better too

this years team is +6/game

last years was +2/game

FWIW

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online