The Mayor of Dewitt
- Aug 15, 2011
After nearly two years, fans of Syracuse Football will once again pack the Loud House at the home opener against Rutgers on Saturday, Sept. 11. With a little more than a week to go until kick off, Syracuse University and the Department of Athletics are taking this opportunity to share with fans current public health guidelines and expectations for attendees. These guidelines are subject to change based on the evolving pandemic conditions. Any changes will be communicated broadly to fans. The following policies and procedures will apply to all Syracuse Athletics events, as well as any other events in the stadium where the general public will be in attendance. This includes Friday's high school football games.
Required Proof of Vaccination or a Negative COVID Test:
As fans prepare to return to in-person events, vaccination is and will be the most reliable pathway for easy entry into the stadium, although proof of a negative COVID test will also be allowed.
Fans ages 12 and over must comply with one of the following options:
- Present proof of completed vaccination; specifically, on the day of the event the individual must provide documentation indicating that at least 14 days have passed since the individual received the second dose of the Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna COVID-19 vaccine, or at least 14 days have passed since the individual received a single dose of Johnson & Johnson/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine.
- Present proof of a negative COVID-19 PCR-type test, administered within 72 hours of the event start time, at a pre-screening location.
- Present proof of a negative COVID-19 antigen-type test, administered within six hours of the event start time, at a pre-screening location.
- Provide proof of a negative COVID-19 PCR-type test, administered within 72 hours of the event start time, at a pre-screening location; or a negative COVID-19 antigen-type test, administered within six hours of the event start time, at a pre-screening location.
To expedite the stadium entry process, fans must visit a pre-screening tent to show proof of vaccination or negative test results to receive a wristband, which is required for entry. Pre-screening tents will be located in the Skytop and Manley parking lots, West lots and on the Quad. These tents will open four hours prior to kickoff. No COVID tests are available onsite.
Acceptable Forms of Vaccination and Testing Proof:
A printed copy or a digital version (i.e.: New York State Excelsior Pass, emailed test results on your smart phone or a photo of a vaccination card) of proof of vaccination or negative test results will be accepted.
Fans must also bring a valid government issued identification to present to stadium staff. Proof of vaccination or COVID test results must match the name on a fan's identification.
In accordance with Syracuse University's campus masking framework and in adherence to public health guidance, during the Sept. 11 game all fans inside the stadium above the age of four will be required to wear a mask at all times, except when actively eating or drinking at their seat.
Masking requirements for outside the stadium including during 'Cuse on the Quad and tailgating will be determined by campus COVID levels on that day. Fans can use this website: Syracuse.edu/staysafe to track updated masking requirements prior to the event.
Where to Get Tested:
For fans planning to present proof of a negative COVID-19 test to enter the stadium, we encourage you to confirm your appointment as soon as possible to ensure you receive your test results prior to kick-off on Saturday, Sept. 11. Appointments can be made online by visiting these two websites while appointment times last.
- Onondaga County: COVID-19 Testing – Onondaga County COVID-19 Info
- New York State: https://coronavirus.health.ny.gov/find-test-site-near-you