Ups to Keita | Syracusefan.com

Ups to Keita

T

tee1222

I get that people have been down on him for poor performances in the past, but as I said over and again, we will need him. Stellar performance on defense and the glass last night.

Respect.
Baye%2BKeita%2BGeorgetown%2BHoyas%2Bv%2BSyracuse%2BOrange%2BRFXTs_BZQXwl.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
He looked good! Hopefully this is the Keita we get from here on out.

If he plays like that, there's not too many teams with a better Center rotation than Rak/Keita.
Starting to become a big Roc fan, but I will always appreciate Keita's game. Must be so frustrating to opposing offenses that they finally got the ball in the low post against the zone, only to be altered or rejected. In fact, Roc is also a great intimidator. Just have to keep these guys from getting early cheapy fouls.

He plays now from the moment he comes in, rather than waiting for the play to come to him. Everyone likes to applaud Ennis, and rightfully so, but one of SU's biggest assets/improvements is the ownership of play in the lane while on D, and we haven't always had that.

It's much better when we can look at his contributions and see points, rebounds and blocks instead of talking wistfully about his defensive acumen that doesn't show up in stat sheets. He played really well yesterday, loved seeing it.

Seemed like he came alive after the WF guy dunked on him. Looked like Tyler purposefully went to him after that and he put in a basket and turned up the defensive intensity. Good game.

Posters complain because they want/expect BMK to be an offensive threat. He is not. I'm surprised they don't get it. One would think that they might have realized by now that he has been a constant contributor to maybe the greatest run in SU history and we would have lost a bunch more games without him.

I get that people have been down on him for poor performances in the past, but as I said over and again, we will need him. Stellar performance on defense and the glass last night.

Respect.

Because there are a lot of people on this board would have complained about Bill Russell, because he cared first about defense, and let others do the scoring, and put up big numbers. Bill Russell made Red a great coach, Boston could always score, but Russell brought great defense to the team.

Anyone who consistently rags on BMK (and there are a few around here that do) doesn't know squat about basketball.

Great role player who hustles his butt off each minute- Fact. However, he's just an extremely limited basketball player. Nothing wrong with that. Is who he is. We are still very limited when Rak gets in foul trouble, imo.

Occasionally (like last night), the matchups are such that Keita's good play is reflected in the box score. Then people bitch and moan and ask why he can't do that all the time. But he always plays his ass off and gets the most out of his abilities, and he never complains when his playing time is limited.

Definitely need to recognize Keita! He had one of his best games last night. He's our Ray Lewis (in terms of play, not personality)...always in someone's ear...constant communication. Leader of the defense.

From everything I've heard, he's a kind, generous person and sharp as a tack. Not sure if he wants to continue with hoops, but I really look forward to following his success after graduation.

Occasionally (like last night), the matchups are such that Keita's good play is reflected in the box score. Then people bitch and moan and ask why he can't do that all the time. But he always plays his ass off and gets the most out of his abilities, and he never complains when his playing time is limited.
Boy, Saturday's matchups should be good also. VERY good. Duke only beats us going 14-20 from 3.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom