Upside / Downside | Syracusefan.com

Upside / Downside

Delmar

2019-20 Iggy Co-Winner Leading Frosh Scorer
With apologies to SWC.

We had 9 different scorers. Upside: we have many options; Downside: we have no dominant scoring threat.

We won all three face offs in overtime. Upside: impressive performance by Varello in the clutch; Downside: those 3 wins nearly equaled the face off wins we had in regulation.

Funny the way things turned out. The rare criticism of Williams (I hope we are all appreciating now what he did for us) was that although he dominated just about every game he played, he lost late, critical face offs — maybe because he was gassed from overuse. Today, the reverse happened.

There were a few that Varello won which ended up going Army’s way. I know that makes no sense but I thought the Face-Off was more even than it appeared. Some bad bounces.

With apologies to SWC.

We had 9 different scorers. Upside: we have many options; Downside: we have no dominant scoring threat.

We won all three face offs in overtime. Upside: impressive performance by Varello in the clutch; Downside: those 3 wins nearly equaled the face off wins we had in regulation.

Funny the way things turned out. The rare criticism of Williams (I hope we are all appreciating now what he did for us) was that although he dominated just about every game he played, he lost late, critical face offs — maybe because he was gassed from overuse. Today, the reverse happened.
Williams used up his 10 years of eligibility?!?!?!? Thank God!