Urban Meyer Knew of Abuse Allegations Against Ohio State Coach in 2015 | Syracusefan.com

Urban Meyer Knew of Abuse Allegations Against Ohio State Coach in 2015

Mcmurphy on XM84 now. He’s done. Highest paid employee in state of Ohio. See ya Urb

If Jim Jordan is hanging on after his accusations at OSU in congress, Urban Meyer will too. People like the results and will ignore the accusations. If this was the Greg Schiano mob in Tennessee, the convenience of firing him would be the move because people didn't want the guy in the first place and loved the narrative to remove him.

Says the guy that covers Louisville. :rolleyes:

i know people HATE schiano on this board but he got lynch mobbed out of a job at Tennessee on the flimsiest of evidence that Penn St refuted. It made the Bernie Fine allegations look rock solid.

I hope Schiano ends up in the job which would be the irony of irony

ESPNU guys are hammering Urban Meyer right now. All over him getting fired for this.

Interesting angle in all this is that Shelly Meyer is a mandatory reporter of alleged abuse by being an RN employed at OSU.
a mandatory reporter is required to report the suspected abuse or neglect of children. It does not apply to adults.

I said it back then, and I'll say it again, I don't know why ESPN included McMurphy in their layoffs. He's as good as there is. I can't imagine he was overly paid.

He's gonna say the wives didnt tell him anything. How can they prove they did? They will find a way to keep him.

This guy is the poster boy for what's wrong with college athletics, only trying to win football games no matter the collateral damage.

And the ADs and university presidents love the coaches who do this, right up until it gets them bad national press.

a mandatory reporter is required to report the suspected abuse or neglect of children. It does not apply to adults.
Not necessarily. It varies by state.

Mandatory Reporting of Domestic Violence

Edit: Looks like you're right. And it looks like it would only apply, if she was a patient anyway.

"Reporting Requirements
The Ohio Revised Code (ORC section 2921.22) requires that health care providers who suspect or identify that a patient is abused must document or write that assessment in the patient’s medical record. Patients who identify that they have been abused can use the information recorded in the medical record at a later time for civil or criminal remedies.
Only the abused patient can assess the danger and relative risk of reporting versus non-reporting. Health care providers are not required to report abuse to police or other legal authorities unless the patient presents with injuries related to gunshot wounds, stabbings, second or third degree burns, serious injury and child or elder abuse (see ORC defnitions in Appendix 2). Ohio does not have an explicit law requiring healthcare providers to report suspected instances of domestic violence. If the presenting injuries do not mandate reporting according to the ORC, health care providers should only contact law enforcement at the patient’s request."

Last edited:
This guy is the poster boy for what's wrong with college athletics, only trying to win football games no matter the collateral damage.

And the ADs and university presidents love the coaches who do this, right up until it gets them bad national press.

Agree. Don’t understand him protecting a WR coach though. It’s not as if he couldn’t go poach the best coaches and recruiters. Why jeopardize your career for this? As crappy as it sounds, for a star player, I could see him burying this, ala Baylor, but a coach...??

If Jim Jordan is hanging on after his accusations at OSU in congress, Urban Meyer will too. People like the results and will ignore the accusations. If this was the Greg Schiano mob in Tennessee, the convenience of firing him would be the move because people didn't want the guy in the first place and loved the narrative to remove him.
Jordon: Your telling me that a D-1 High level wrestling recruit would not fight back against some Doc fondling him? 95 Pounders in High school would not put up with Th at much less D-1

Jordon: Your telling me that a D-1 High level wrestling recruit would not fight back against some Doc fondling him? 95 Pounders in High school would not put up with Th at much less D-1
Depends on how scared he is about somebody listening to his side of the story and him losing a scholarship. The high school kid likely doesn't worry about that stuff.

Tom Izzo is still employed. Nothing will happen.
What’s funny is, I said the same thing word for word to my buddies who are OSU die hards. He’s now on paid administrative leave. Lol.

They are twins, one says he’s done. One says he’s fine.

I said it back then, and I'll say it again, I don't know why ESPN included McMurphy in their layoffs. He's as good as there is. I can't imagine he was overly paid.

ESPN is a joke and the only programming i watch is actual cfb games. None of the other garbage programming. They got rid of some great talent but kept hacks like golics kid.