Urban Meyer to retire from Ohio State | Syracusefan.com

Urban Meyer to retire from Ohio State

untitled.png

I thought he had one more year, then Day takes over

It's kind of ironic if OSU/Big 10 forced him out because they didn't make the Final 4 instead of changing the foolish way football picks its champion.

Wow...I can't imagine the pressure he has at OSU. OSU will now look at Dino?

No ryan day will be next coach

Surprised this wasnt announced prior to the selection show for some sympathy points

Surprised this wasnt announced prior to the selection show for some sympathy points

I don't much about Day and to be honest was thinking OSU would want to burn all that was there to rid themselves of the stink they had with their staff. Day being their HC sounds very good to me as Dino was coaching in Ohio and I'm sure he was noticed by the Bucs.

Originally discussed as him coaching next year, then handing over to Day.

There's also the perception next year was going to be a down year for them comparatively speaking.

Wouldn’t be at allllll shocked to see him go to the NFL to coach the Browns.

Homestate, won’t have to move far from Columbus. Don’t be shocked to see this.

Also, very important. Watch his strength and conditioning coach. If he leaves Ohio State it’s more than likely Urban stepped down to take a job elsewhere. If he stays Urban won’t be coaching this season.

I think Urban is done for a bit, looks like he's drained mentally and physically....I would bet he takes a year off...but then again the Browns could throw stupid $$$ at him if McCarthy turns them down...

Agree they need a house cleaning but they think highly of Day...if not him you would think Fickel would have gotten the call...

Is Day guaranteed , cause if not then Iowa State just started squirming.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom