USA Lax Mag's 2022 Men's Preseason All-Americans | Syracusefan.com

USA Lax Mag's 2022 Men's Preseason All-Americans

SECOND TEAM
M — Tucker Dordevic, Syracuse

THIRD TEAM
M — Brendan Curry, Syracuse

Last edited:
Hard to find much to argue about on this list. Maybe O'Neil on the second team feels a little high? Cormier seems to be very underrated, not listed on any team. Kevin Lindley also gets no recognition, I might have him picked over Nolting or Brandau. I would imagine Cornell will put some guys on these lists, especially on offense. No Hopkins players listed even though DeSimone was ranked one of the Top 25 players by IL.

From an SU perspective, I would hope to see names like Hiltz and Kennedy on the list by the end of the year (if not more).

Hard to find much to argue about on this list. Maybe O'Neil on the second team feels a little high? Cormier seems to be very underrated, not listed on any team. Kevin Lindley also gets no recognition, I might have him picked over Nolting or Brandau. I would imagine Cornell will put some guys on these lists, especially on offense. No Hopkins players listed even though DeSimone was ranked one of the Top 25 players by IL.

From an SU perspective, I would hope to see names like Hiltz and Kennedy on the list by the end of the year (if not more).
I think that players who had significant off years, should have to play their way onto such teams the next season. If certain players were on Duke, ND, UNC, Hopkins, let alone Maryland, you would be questioning their presence.

So is Montgomery really deserving of 1st team midfield? He scored 37 points last spring in 17 games.

So is Montgomery really deserving of 1st team midfield? He scored 37 points last spring in 17 games.
Yeah there are probably better. I would want Bundy or Kyle Long on my team instead. It is close though and he is second team. A lot of the middies who were longtime greats and/or put up serious numbers have left. The three guys at UNC, Jackoboice at ND (at least I assume he is gone or he would be on these lists), Bertrand and Aitken from UVA, Trimboli, Kevin Rogers at High Point. A lot of new faces will be at the top.

Kind of weird to put Donville on the list over Demaio if he is indeed returning. As far as potential breakout years at middie go, I would expect a lot from Dobson at ND, Knobloch at Rutgers, or Thomas Braag at Yale. The other two GTown guys are good too as we have discussed.

Love Hannah when he is on but he had one of the sloppiest years possible. So many rushed plays and trying to run through people only to lose the ball. 34 turnovers has to be some kind of middie record.

Yeah there are probably better. I would want Bundy or Kyle Long on my team instead. It is close though and he is second team. A lot of the middies who were longtime greats and/or put up serious numbers have left. The three guys at UNC, Jackoboice at ND (at least I assume he is gone or he would be on these lists), Bertrand and Aitken from UVA, Trimboli, Kevin Rogers at High Point. A lot of new faces will be at the top.

Kind of weird to put Donville on the list over Demaio if he is indeed returning. As far as potential breakout years at middie go, I would expect a lot from Dobson at ND, Knobloch at Rutgers, or Thomas Braag at Yale. The other two GTown guys are good too as we have discussed.
I think Donville sort of falls under the Ivy League criteria from not being allowed to play last season. He had good years in 2018 (35pt in 18 games) and 2019 (34pts in 15 games), and then seemed to be breaking out in the covid shortened 2020 season with 20 points in 5 games.

Jackobice is on Notre Dame's 2021-2022 roster.
David Lipka is on the roster also.

I think Donville sort of falls under the Ivy League criteria from not being allowed to play last season. He had good years in 2018 (35pt in 18 games) and 2019 (34pts in 15 games), and then seemed to be breaking out in the covid shortened 2020 season with 20 points in 5 games.

Jackobice is on Notre Dame's 2021-2022 roster.
David Lipka is on the roster also.
Damn. All these ignorant preseason all American rankings had me thinking he left. I believe there was another list that left him off as well. He is definitely at least a third teamer. Kills us every year. Lipka I am just surprised that he still has eligibility/is staying on for a 6th year of lax. Their offense will not miss a beat and most likely improve. Oh well. At least those FOGOs that killed us are gone.

Damn. All these ignorant preseason all American rankings had me thinking he left. I believe there was another list that left him off as well. He is definitely at least a third teamer. Kills us every year. Lipka I am just surprised that he still has eligibility/is staying on for a 6th year of lax. Their offense will not miss a beat and most likely improve. Oh well. At least those FOGOs that killed us are gone.

I was sure Lipka played at Cuse for 3 years but I guess he redshirted his freshman year?
I think the games against ND are the ones I'm most interested in this coming season and it looks like we have to play them twice again. As fun as it was to beat UVA twice those games against the Irish were some of the worst lacrosse I've ever seen Syracuse play.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom