USA Today ranks SU as #81 | Syracusefan.com

USA Today ranks SU as #81

This really is a phenomenal write up. The writer did a ton of research and knows the team. Would have liked to be higher on the ranking but very well written. A good article for a fan that doesn't know much about the team to get educated.

Edit: Guy's links at the end were a bit screwy though, this is far and away the best site...

when you take a look at career wins and see how impressive Syracuse's # is, 1 cant help but think 'my lord, what if grobbycakes won just 2, or gulp 3, more games a year?'...the cusion over vpi would be still be a number of seasons away from being beat.

In reference to our DL:

"Despite Bromley, this might be the weakest defensive front in the ACC. At best, it's simply the most unproven."

The author loses all credibility with this statement...do some research you dope.
Well, who on that line is proven despite Bromley? It's a true statement. Regardless of the recruits coming in we have no idea who will perform. For those of us that obsess over the team we think we're in a good shape but I'm not surprised an outsider had this to say. It's accurate

Except that he has McDonald as George McDaniel. I e-mailed them this morning but no correction.

He lists R!vals as the best SU Fan Forum Derp

And has a bad link for Syracusefan.com

Yeah, I thought that was a great preview. I know we're all hyped up, but we have some challenges to figure out, and there aren't obvious answers in some cases.

Well, who on that line is proven despite Bromley? It's a true statement. Regardless of the recruits coming in we have no idea who will perform. For those of us that obsess over the team we think we're in a good shape but I'm not surprised an outsider had this to say. It's accurate
He wrote that he was struggling to find defensive difference makers besides Spruill and Davis. One could make the argument that Bromley had more of an impact than either LB last year. We'll have the best collection of DT/NG in the ACC this season and, very possibly, a top 2 or 3 defense.

He also never mentioned that we're returning our top 3 CB's which is huge and allows the DC to be creative with scheme and play calling.

I realize most of us here wear orange colored glasses, but that #81st rating is laughable. This is year five of the post-GRob era and we're certainly more deserving than being placed in the lower 25% of college football.

Yeah, I thought that was a great preview. I know we're all hyped up, but we have some challenges to figure out, and there aren't obvious answers in some cases.

Agreed, OiG. Which is why I wondered about those that see .500 as a "worse case scenario." That's based on hope, not proven talent.

Agreed, OiG. Which is why I wondered about those that see .500 as a "worse case scenario." That's based on hope, not proven talent.
Yeah, I just want to go to 2 bowl games in a row

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

As is almost every new season for almost every college FB team.

pretty well written preview. of course i disagree with the predicted outcome, but his reasoning is justifiable. Raymond doesn't get mentioned on the DL. I agree it could be a weakness, but based on our defensive scheme it may work out well for us, since we have some big bodies that can stuff the run. OL assessment is understandable too, but then again I feel like it will be a strength when its all said and done. I really like Robinson and Foy.

Quick someone email that link to Wayne Williams, me thinks he would disagree based on his quotes in the latest write-up
Btw did we end up with a nickname for him yet OIG?

I wonder how many people who think Myerberg is so great noticed that UB hasn't been ranked yet.

There is no friggin way SU will be worse than UB this year. I can't believe UB isn't in the triple digits. He has UB somewhere under 80, which is insane.

Realistically, we're probably closer to the 65-55 range.

Cheers,
Neil

We've gone from 35th-ish to 81, without playing a game?

81 has a nice ring to it for the hard nosed. I'd love to see this team flip that number with their play on the field.

Can we really take him seriously when he has this for his top five list:

ARBITRARY TOP FIVE LIST
Lacrosse players
1. Jim Brown
2. Gary Gait
3. Mikey Powell
4. Del Dressel
5. David Pietramala

Or is he just a JHU douche trying to tweak SU Fans.

Can we really take him seriously when he has this for his top five list:

ARBITRARY TOP FIVE LIST
Lacrosse players
1. Jim Brown
2. Gary Gait
3. Mikey Powell
4. Del Dressel
5. David Pietramala

Or is he just a JHU douche trying to tweak SU Fans.
You guys are really, really overthinking this.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

We've gone from 35th-ish to 81, without playing a game?

That'll happen when you lose nearly the entire coaching staff, along with the seniors that we did...

However, 81 seems a tad high. I tend to think we are in the 55-65 range.