USF Tailgate Thread Sat, Oct 10th | Syracusefan.com

USF Tailgate Thread Sat, Oct 10th

TexanMark

Tailgate Guru
@USF Oct 10th Tailgate Commander: TexanMark (Swish/phsyra/SarasotaPaul/OrangeJet (TBD)1st Assts)

I will be buying Group Discount Tix and PrePaid Parking I now guesstimate 125-150 fans. This game falls on Columbus Day Weekend and should be our biggest one of the year. The UVA game falling a week prior might cut into our numbers somewhat..so I'm revising down to 125-150 from 150-200.

UPDATE: I'm going to limit ticket sales to 100. I'm involved in planning a few other tailgates and don't want to get stretched too thin.

2nd UPDATE (June 24th): I have approx. 85 ticket requests. I bought 90 tickets now. TBD if we grow to 100.

Back in 2012 we sat up in the 300s, IIRC we had about 150 tix. USF is closing off the 300 section this season. SU visitors will be down in the area of Section 126-132. At worst I expect we'll get seated in or near those sections. The good news is the ticket rep will sell to us at a group rate. Expect tickets to cost between $25-35 each. I plan to presell parking spots with the tickets. We should be tailgating in the same lot as in 2012. It is a short walk to the stadium.

I put down a 25% deposit.

I'm asking for a nonbinding list of number of tickets/parking passes expected. Plan for a Saturday kickoff with your guess.

Also let me know if anyone in your group has mobility issues or you will be traveling with kids under 13.

If you haven't bought through me before send me a private message here or an email to texanmarktailgate at gmail dot com with your name, email and cell phone #
southflorida_seating.jpg

Attendees (approx 80-85 so far)

TexanMark 2/1
Tomcat 2/1
Kelly029X 0/1 (Tailgate/Parking only)
Crusty 2/1
AirForceOrange 3/1 (1 kid)
consigliere 4/1
SarasotaPaul 2/1
JavaDoc 3/1 (1 kid)
phsyra 8/2 changed 6/24
Jurrie 2/1
QuoVadis 1/1
Cabby1 4/1
JJReddawg 9/2 (5 kids)
orangello 2/1
mgurtz79 5/1
JarheadJim 3/1
lionf96 8/2 (4 kids)
St Pete Ed 2/1
Devin from KY 2-4?...will finalize by mid June
CuseAction 2/1
JDemo 2/1?
RaynVA 9/2

Deano 2/1 (1 kid) CANCELLED
WeedsportWarrior 1/1 CANCELLED
MattSarz 2-4/1 CANCELLED
storange 2-6/2 CANCELLED

Attachments

• 2015 USF Football Stadium Pricing.pdf
    963.1 KB · Views: 168
Last edited:
Oh this game could get moved to a diff day thought was solid? Also if uri game gets moved when would we know?

Oh this game could get moved to a diff day thought was solid? Also if uri game gets moved when would we know?
Nothing is solid until USF releases their schedule.

@USF Oct 10th Tailgate Commander: TexanMark (Swish/phsyra/SarasotaPaul/OrangeJet (TBD)1st Assts)

I will be buying Group Discount Tix and PrePaid Parking I now guesstimate 125-150 fans. This game falls on Columbus Day Weekend and should be our biggest one of the year. The UVA game falling a week prior might cut into our numbers somewhat..so I'm revising down to 125-150 from 150-200.

NOTE: A possibility the game could be Wednesday, Thursday or Friday evening...I'd refrain from booking air travel until the schedule gets finalize if you are planning on flying in Wednesday, Thursday or Friday. If it happens on Wednesday or Thursday night I will expect a much smaller turnout. Friday night will probably be down too. The AAC will be releasing their schedules in a few weeks.

Back in 2012 we sat up in the 300s, IIRC we had about 150 tix. USF is closing off the 300 section this season. SU visitors will be down in the area of Section 126-132. At worst I expect we'll get seated in or near those sections. The good news is the ticket rep will sell to us at a group rate. Expect tickets to cost between $25-35 each. I plan to presell parking spots with the tickets. We should be tailgating in the same lot as in 2012. It is a short walk to the stadium.

I will be putting down a 25% deposit in a few weeks.

I'm asking for a nonbinding list of number of tickets/parking passes expected. Plan for a Saturday kickoff with your guess. I realize if this game moves to Thursday or Friday you might cancel.

Also let me know if anyone in your group has mobility issues or you will be traveling with kids under 13.

If you haven't bought through me before send me a private message here or an email to texanmarktailgate at gmail dot com with your name, email and cell phone #View attachment 35450
Please pencil me in for two Mark...

2 for me also - thanks and I'll wait to get a flight ;)

I'll need a parking pass too!

Last edited:
I need an opinion.

Would you rather spend $25 to sit in Sections 217-220 or 226-229
or $35 to sit in Sections 118-125
USF eliminating the 3rd deck option is going to push us down to the endzone areas.

I'm also calling SU to see how much they expect to sell tickets for in their sections.

While I like spending only $25...If they could put us in either Section 118 or 119 for $35 that would have the advantage of being out of the sun.

Attachments

• 2015 USF Football Stadium Pricing.pdf
    963.1 KB · Views: 118
Plan on 4 plus 1 parking pass for now. I'd prefer 2nd deck at any price.

Mark,
My son and I vote for the lower, better, out of the sun seats. As always, thank you so much for heading these events up for all of us. Paul & Paul.

Lower side - need 2 as I had PM'd you already.

I need an opinion.

Would you rather spend $25 to sit in Sections 217-220 or 226-229
or $35 to sit in Sections 118-125
USF eliminating the 3rd deck option is going to push us down to the endzone areas.

I'm also calling SU to see how much they expect to sell tickets for in their sections.

While I like spending only $25...If they could put us in either Section 118 or 119 for $35 that would have the advantage of being out of the sun.
Would also vote for seats out of the sun.

Update...we might be able to get down in 131/132 now...should know more in a few days. If we get those I will ask for seating in the middle to upper part of the section (to get a better view).

NOTE: A possibility the game could be Wednesday, Thursday or Friday evening...I'd refrain from booking air travel until the schedule gets finalize if you are planning on flying in Wednesday, Thursday or Friday. If it happens on Wednesday or Thursday night I will expect a much smaller turnout. Friday night will probably be down too. The AAC will be releasing their schedules in a few weeks.

I will be putting down a 25% deposit in a few weeks.

I'm asking for a nonbinding list of number of tickets/parking passes expected. Plan for a Saturday kickoff with your guess. I realize if this game moves to Thursday or Friday you might cancel.

If you haven't bought through me before send me a private message here or an email to texanmarktailgate at gmail dot com with your name, email and cell phone #View attachment 35450

Attendees
TexanMark 2/1
Tomcat 2/1
Deano 2/1 (1 kid)
Kelly029X 06/1?
SarasotaPaul 2/1
Crusty 2/1
AirForceOrange 3/1 (1 kid)
consigliere 4/1
SarasotaPaul 2/1
If it's Friday evening or Saturday, put me in for 1 ticket and 1 pass.

AAC announcing schedules tomorrow...we'll see if this stays a Saturday game.

Update...I put down a deposit for 100 tickets in lower/mid rows of Section 217/218. Tix will be $25 each as the base cost. Figure $30 each to cover some tailgate expenses. The game is slated still for Saturday! USF has 3 Friday night games but this one didn't get selected. Finally we might get moved to a better section in late Spring.

Reply to this thread or send me an email to TexanMarkTailgate at gmail dot com with your ticket requests. I'll look for payment in the summer...it is fairly low risk as I've been very successful at getting folks buyers for their tickets if they have to cancel after sending in payment.

Mark ~ I found out that we will get tickets from Trey, so I would like to cancel my request! Thanks!! Maybe just need parking

Mark ~ I found out that we will get tickets from Trey, so I would like to cancel my request! Thanks!! Maybe just need parking
Cool...no problems. I'll keep you in on the tailgate/parking plan. If you need extra tickets...just let me know.

Leave me in for 4 plus parking. Going to be tough to do b2b with UVa, but I'm trying to talk myself into it.

Just a note (to add to Marks Info) ...You can fly from Syracuse to Tampa on Allegiant Air for 270.00 round trip. Have to fly Friday and Monday as flights are very limited. I'm thinking I might have to take that deal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom