UVA Game Thread... | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

UVA Game Thread...

The poor play was too many turnovers, too few ground balls.
Some very sloppy passing too. Evans, Mariano, and once by Salcido. I agree on gbs. There were times the ball was in front of one of our guys and they were late to go for it. Made me crazy watching it.

This squad has an old school Cuse feel to it from an area standpoint - Yorktown, JD, West Genny, Iroquois Nation and Carthage!

I don't know how we passed on Mariano first time around but I'm glad he's here!

I think recruiting could be more structured you dont know how things will work out with players but we would have had some holes this year without tranfers!

We have some good ones coming though!

When is Piroli back??

Unknown on Piroli. All we know is that it's not season ending.

--- once again our goalie made it more difficult. It appeared to me that the Virginia shooters were telegraphing their shots and still scored on Hill. Desko needs to find another XO player and goalie. Williams was over used yesterday. You could see that he was bordering on exhausted by the end of the game. Now maybe Hill will improve but This will result in losses by the time the tournament run begins and the brackets are filled . It might cost the team some key placement.

Funny, I thought Hill played his best game of the season. Sure there were a couple he would have liked to have back but there were a bunch of nice stops.

Agree it would be nice to see more from Paduda.

Funny, I thought Hill played his best game of the season. Sure there were a couple he would have liked to have back but there were a bunch of nice stops.

Agree it would be nice to see more from Paduda.
Not sure Deskos' reasoning for not getting Cal some run in the 2nd and 3rd quarters. It's frustrating to say the least. Give him at least 2 or 3 chances, and if he loses them, put Ben back in. No doubt Ben was spent by the end of the game, although he did win the last FO. Just by the fact that he has to do most of the work, including grabbing the gb's himself, means we need to give him some breathers mid game. Not to mention wear and tear of the whole year. He is invaluable come May. Can't have him hurt.

Not sure Deskos' reasoning for not getting Cal some run in the 2nd and 3rd quarters. It's frustrating to say the least. Give him at least 2 or 3 chances, and if he loses them, put Ben back in. No doubt Ben was spent by the end of the game, although he did win the last FO. Just by the fact that he has to do most of the work, including grabbing the gb's himself, means we need to give him some breathers mid game. Not to mention wear and tear of the whole year. He is invaluable come May. Can't have him hurt.

Expect Paduda to take a ton of draws this Saturday against St. Johns.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom