Va Tech QB Josh Jackson transferring to Maryland | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Va Tech QB Josh Jackson transferring to Maryland

Im not saying Jackson should go to Cuse. TD will be just fine but I still don't understand why people think Dino just wants a great passer? He's recruited guys that can do both. The other stops as HC, those QB's weren't recruited by him. Clay Welch is also a dual threat.

Great passers are hard to find the runners are a dime a dozen and usually aren’t accurate. If anybody’s interested post Tommy’s jr year huddle ( I’m not savvy enough to post it ) and watch the throws across the middle , one 50 yard rope with no hitch you won’t find many if any throws like that . I’m not talking long bombs I’m talking laser outs with no hitch . Find me some one else’s film I’ll wait ... also post his Sr year huddle lesser talent shaky line and watch the pocket feet and the movement for those who don’t know ... also it was against the hardest schedule in the country that’s 16000 plus teams not 129 colleges .. he does what he is asked and can do it all . Last year when he got to play lamer Jackson on scout
He had quite the day vs the ones ... these writers write but have no clue ... Cuse football is back !!!! We need a 2019 Qb , and practice is 5 weeks away !!!

Great passers are hard to find the runners are a dime a dozen and usually aren’t accurate. If anybody’s interested post Tommy’s jr year huddle ( I’m not savvy enough to post it ) and watch the throws across the middle , one 50 yard rope with no hitch you won’t find many if any throws like that . I’m not talking long bombs I’m talking laser outs with no hitch . Find me some one else’s film I’ll wait ... also post his Sr year huddle lesser talent shaky line and watch the pocket feet and the movement for those who don’t know ... also it was against the hardest schedule in the country that’s 16000 plus teams not 129 colleges .. he does what he is asked and can do it all . Last year when he got to play lamer Jackson on scout
He had quite the day vs the ones ... these writers write but have no clue ... Cuse football is back !!!! We need a 2019 Qb , and practice is 5 weeks away !!!
I guess I could post Lawrence's film but I have no idea how to do that.

Guess who is the #1 best landing spot for him according to this publication?

Josh Jackson To Transfer From Virginia Tech: 5 Best Teams For Him
I’ve always liked this kid, especially as a running QB.
I say bring him in, why not? It’s all about talent, depth, and competition.
If he’s willing to come in and fight for the job, why deny him? What if he ends up being better then TD? We’re one injury away from having an inexperienced backup at Qb- the whole season could change in a heartbeat.
Sorry, if he wants to come- you welcome him. If Tommy loses the starting job by getting beat out, he’ll have to get over it. It’s not personal, just business.

Last edited:
How many prognosticators have VA Tech in the "way too early" top 25? Probably, far too many...

Not sure why you say that. VT has less question marks than we do going into 2019 and some on this board have us in the T25 and hell, in the national title race;)

Not sure why you say that. VT has less question marks than we do going into 2019 and some on this board have us in the T25 and hell, in the national title race;)
Understand your point but you don’t typically see a team underachieve (VA Tech 6-7), followed by a bunch of starters transferring, then, translating both of those factors into a pre-season Top 25 ranking.

I’ve always liked this kid, especially as a running QB.
I say bring him in, why not? It’s all about talent, depth, and competition.
If he’s willing to come in and first for the job, why deny him? What if he ends up being better then TD? We’re one injury away from having an inexperienced backup at Qb- the whole season could change in a heartbeat.
Sorry, if he wants to come- you welcome him. If Tommy loses the starting job by getting beat out, he’ll have to get over it. It’s not personal, just business.

I agree with your larger point, the reality is that the kid wants to play and he isn't going to learn the offense in one offseason. It took the team 2 years to adjust, TD just finished his second year in the system. There is no chance a kid will walk into camp and take the job from TD. Besides, I believe that TD is the better QB as it stands right now.

I am OK if he wants to play in Syracuse and Dino welcomes him. HE will sit behind TD. Even if he could overtake TD, it would take two years to be at the level TD is at now, let alone overcome the advanced level TD will be at after one and two years as the starter.

I want solid backups and was hoping Chance Aimee was the guy. CA decided he was not a good fit and left for greener pastures. Anyone coming in is going to face the same things as TD faced, CA faced, Welch faced, and so and so forth.

I agree with your larger point, the reality is that the kid wants to play and he isn't going to learn the offense in one offseason. It took the team 2 years to adjust, TD just finished his second year in the system. There is no chance a kid will walk into camp and take the job from TD. Besides, I believe that TD is the better QB as it stands right now.

I am OK if he wants to play in Syracuse and Dino welcomes him. HE will sit behind TD. Even if he could overtake TD, it would take two years to be at the level TD is at now, let alone overcome the advanced level TD will be at after one and two years as the starter.

I want solid backups and was hoping Chance Aimee was the guy. CA decided he was not a good fit and left for greener pastures. Anyone coming in is going to face the same things as TD faced, CA faced, Welch faced, and so and so forth.
Agreed. Which is why he’ll know exactly where he stands before coming here.
Yet if he’s good enough to beat out TD even at this stage, then why not? I don’t expect that to happen but it’s on the kid himself. If he wants the opportunity, you give it to him.

I'd like to see 3 good/great passers and one athletic running QB on the roster. I see Jackson as a detraction if he doesn't win the job, which to be honest, I don't think he would over TD anyways. He lost his #1 at VT, so how would this benefit him being #2 at SU other than playing on a better team? If we are playing this game on a computer I'd love to have him on the Hill as QB2 but that ain't how the game is really played.

I don't think SU will get any type of quality QB to transfer until TD's junior year. If the staff does get one, I'll be very impressed with their sell job.

I NEVER, EVER, EVER thought Fuentes would be such a dumpster fire. Everyone thought that old Frank wasn't good enough to take them to the next level, but sometimes you need to watch what you wish for. Oh well VT back to the end of the line for you.

LOL.

In all seriousness though, if UVA doesn't win the Coastal next year they likely never will. VT a mess, Miami almost as bad a mess, Pitt losing a lot of key contributors, GT and UNC total rebuilds. The stars are aligning for the Cavaliers. Can they handle the pressure of being the odds-on favorites?

Cheers,
Neil
Bronco has mixed results under pressure.

I NEVER, EVER, EVER thought Fuentes would be such a dumpster fire. Everyone thought that old Frank wasn't good enough to take them to the next level, but sometimes you need to watch what you wish for. Oh well VT back to the end of the line for you.

Yeah I thought Fuentes was a really solid hire but this is turning ugly quickly.

Yeah I thought Fuentes was a really solid hire but this is turning ugly quickly.

I, too, am guilty of thinking Fuentes would be the right answer to succeed Beamer. To be sure, Fuentes asked for the problems in that he followed a legend, granted a legendary paper tiger, but a legend nonetheless. I did not think it would be the train wreck we are watching.

Looks like they’re trying to poach a JMU QB commit. They’re not happy

Total crap clickbait.

Dino does NOT “want a QB that can do it all”.

Look at what his QB’s did at his prior 2 stops - Neither Garoppolo nor Fat Pirate were dual-threat running QB’s.
And both put up video game #’s in Dino’s preferred system.

I love that Syracuse is ranked #1.

We don’t want him, and it’s clickbait, but when lazy journalists put Syracuse on a list like this, it’s proof of relevance. That’s good.

Josh Jackson from VT. That’s a damn shame makes that week 2 game slightly more treacherous. Still think the good guys in orange will triumph but definitely makes that game harder. Thoughts? Feelings?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom