Value of contesting the corner three | Syracusefan.com

Value of contesting the corner three

Niastri

Two Time Iggy Award Winner: Edwards for Three!
What is the value of contesting the corner three with Dolezaj? It seems to me that the only thing it does is put one of our better rebounders out of bounds when he needs to be getting the rebound. Hakim Warrick was the last guy to ever block one of them, and it seems to be completely useless to have our rebounding disrupted and have zero effect on the shot... It is already too late by the time he gets there.

Actually asking, if any of the coaches could give me the answer.

What is the value of contesting the corner three with Dolezaj? It seems to me that the only thing it does is put one of our better rebounders out of bounds when he needs to be getting the rebound. Hakim Warrick was the last guy to ever block one of them, and it seems to be completely useless to have our rebounding disrupted and have zero effect on the shot... It is already too late by the time he gets there.

Actually asking, if any of the coaches could give me the answer.

Major design flaw.

when did Marek become one of our better rebounders? he can barely hold onto a ball to begin with.

That is the easiest, high value shot to take. If you don’t contest it, you lose. Most rebounds are long, so the opposite forward coming in will have a good opportunity to rebound the miss.

That is the easiest, high value shot to take. If you don’t contest it, you lose. Most rebounds are long, so the opposite forward coming in will have a good opportunity to rebound the miss.

If he could get there before the shot is gone, I get it. Most of the time the ball goes over him as he's starting his jump.

At the end of the comeback, he started getting there in time to prevent the shot. The intended rotation probably looks more like that than the fruitless jump out of bounds.

The end of the game definitely reduced the bitter taste of my first post.

Last edited:
I have been really thinking about this lately and completely believe that if the 2010’s onward version of JB was coaching the 2003-2005 Syracuse Orange we would be playing Hakim Warrick 40 MPG at center and Forth/McNeil would never play.

I have been really thinking about this lately and completely believe that if the 2010’s onward version of JB was coaching the 2003-2005 Syracuse Orange we would be playing Hakim Warrick 40 MPG at center and Forth/McNeil would never play.
Would probably work because Hak is Hak, but not sure we win it all without that game with McNeil in the middle.

Would probably work because Hak is Hak, but not sure we win it all without that game with McNeil in the middle.

I think to a point, but at some point you just need a body in there to bang against certain teams. Guarding the corner 3 is why Keita took sooo many minutes from Christmas for 2 years.

I think to a point, but at some point you just need a body in there to bang against certain teams. Guarding the corner 3 is why Keita took sooo many minutes from Christmas for 2 years.
Trying to frustrate me with more Cuse substitution fails?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom