Vegas for March Madness | Syracusefan.com

Vegas for March Madness

jdubs30

Living Legend
Going to Vegas for my bachelor party during the week of the first round of the NCAA tournament. We land Wednesday night and leave Saturday morning, so we’ll be around for all day for the Thursday/Friday 1st round game.

Little background - it’s a small group, only 8 of us total. About half of us are really into the games and will be betting, while the other half won’t be into the games as much but will be at the tables, etc.

Anyone ever go to Vegas for the tournament before? I know it will be crazy but as long as we can get our bets in, booze, and be able to walk around i think we’ll all have a good time. We didn’t buy any of those all day tournament passes (like at the Hard Rock) because I didn’t want to be stuck at one location of the whole day.

Any general advice for the tournament or Vegas overall? Also looking to go to a really nice steak restaurant on Thursday night, any suggestions? (Or any fantastic restaurant in general)

Bucket list trip for me. This is the last year that I have high school basketball conflicts, so hopefully i'll be able to make it happen soon.

There's a facebook group I joined years ago called "March Madness in Las Vegas".Full of good information, and folks who make the trip every year. Use the search function for any general questions you may have, because I'm sure it's already been asked and answered. People seem super helpful there tho.

Bucket list trip for me. This is the last year that I have high school basketball conflicts, so hopefully i'll be able to make it happen soon.

There's a facebook group I joined years ago called "March Madness in Las Vegas".Full of good information, and folks who make the trip every year. Use the search function for any general questions you may have, because I'm sure it's already been asked and answered. People seem super helpful there tho.
appreciate it man! Just requested to join. Too bad you couldn’t get there this year

nycfan has gone for years. He may have some insights for you.
Thanks! Might shoot him a PM in a few days

Going to Vegas for my bachelor party during the week of the first round of the NCAA tournament. We land Wednesday night and leave Saturday morning, so we’ll be around for all day for the Thursday/Friday 1st round game.

Little background - it’s a small group, only 8 of us total. About half of us are really into the games and will be betting, while the other half won’t be into the games as much but will be at the tables, etc.

Anyone ever go to Vegas for the tournament before? I know it will be crazy but as long as we can get our bets in, booze, and be able to walk around i think we’ll all have a good time. We didn’t buy any of those all day tournament passes (like at the Hard Rock) because I didn’t want to be stuck at one location of the whole day.

Any general advice for the tournament or Vegas overall? Also looking to go to a really nice steak restaurant on Thursday night, any suggestions? (Or any fantastic restaurant in general)

Golden Steer is an awesome steak house for non strip prices, it's on Sahara right off of LVB.

Dont do an all day package thing, they're literally money grabs. Check out some different sports books the first day, its really not that big of a task to hit the major sports books the first to test out where you want to end up spending the rest of your time. It's very easy to get around in Vegas.

Any time you see a "package deal" in Las Vegas, stay away from it, every single one is a money grab from tourists and soon after buying you'll realize you'd get a better deal getting no package at all.

When you put bets in, ask for drink vouchers, sometimes they only give them out for horse betting but if you go to the same cashier over and over they'll end up hooking you up, same with tipping the cocktail girls walking around the sports book, they'll hand you some as well.

Any specific questions about places just ask and I'll be glad to answer for you.

Golden Steer is an awesome steak house for non strip prices, it's on Sahara right off of LVB.
Man that's so crazy, as soon as I read the OP, I was coming to post about going to the Golden Steer, lol. It's not only really good steak at a slightly more reasonable price, it also just seems like a perfect steakhouse for a bachelor party (old vibe/atmosphere, comfortable booths). I've been for March Madness before, we stayed at the Westgate (worlds largest sports book), it's off the strip but does have a tram (or whatever that's called there) stop at the hotel that takes you to the strip. Everywhere's got something going though, good times.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom