Video: Who Is Dino Babers? | Syracusefan.com

Video: Who Is Dino Babers?

Nick Monroe... he is the used car salesman that this program has been missing since Ed Orgeron. And I mean that in the nicest, most complimentary way possible. Absolutely love it.
I love the chains. It felt like I was back home in Utica circa 1986.

Nick Monroe... he is the used car salesman that this program has been missing since Ed Orgeron. And I mean that in the nicest, most complimentary way possible. Absolutely love it.
Nah, he's a Ferrari salesman. He doesn't need to convince someone that a lemon is what they want. He knows what he has is great and just needs to educate people that don't already know it too.

I'm playing Debbie Downer here, I know. But half this staff looks a little shady:

Tom Kaufman, Nick Monroe, Mike Hart (I know, I know, you hate me now), Reno Ferri, and to a lesser extent: Brian Ward

Tom Kaufman and Nick Monroe are Grade A Shady. I give Reno a B+ grade and Hart a B. Ward is just C level shady.

I hope these guys hold it together off the field and don't give Syracuse a black eye. I'm pretty serious here. I have my doubts that all coaches will keep their nose clean. The over/under is 4 years

I'm playing Debbie Downer here, I know. But half this staff looks a little shady:

Tom Kaufman, Nick Monroe, Mike Hart (I know, I know, you hate me now), Reno Ferri, and to a lesser extent: Brian Ward

Tom Kaufman and Nick Monroe are Grade A Shady. I give Reno a B+ grade and Hart a B. Ward is just C level shady.

I hope these guys hold it together off the field and don't give Syracuse a black eye. I'm pretty serious here. I have my doubts that all coaches will keep their nose clean. The over/under is 4 years

and this is based on your super sleuth abilities?

Orijinal said:
I'm playing Debbie Downer here, I know. But half this staff looks a little shady: Tom Kaufman, Nick Monroe, Mike Hart (I know, I know, you hate me now), Reno Ferri, and to a lesser extent: Brian Ward Tom Kaufman and Nick Monroe are Grade A Shady. I give Reno a B+ grade and Hart a B. Ward is just C level shady. I hope these guys hold it together off the field and don't give Syracuse a black eye. I'm pretty serious here. I have my doubts that all coaches will keep their nose clean. The over/under is 4 years

Worst post of the year nominee.

Unless you have inside info, totally uncalled for.

Please define 'shady' and provide examples of what made you label them as such.

Please define 'shady' and provide examples of what made you label them as such.
I knew I was gonna get a lot of hate for this. Just expressing an opinion.

Not calling myself a sleuth or a prophet. Just going on impressions. Everyone gets them from the people they encounter. And these happen to be mine. And I could be VERY wrong, and I hope so

Not calling myself a sleuth or a prophet. Just going on impressions. Everyone gets them from the people they encounter. And these happen to be mine. And I could be VERY wrong, and I hope so
So, what were the impressions that made you think these guys were 'shady'? Seriously, because I don't get that impression at all.

Ferri did resign at Akron but seems to have learned his lesson from that. Don't think there were any issues at Towson. Otherwise, as far as I know, there is absolutely nothing to base throwing out something like that.

So, what were the impressions that made you think these guys were 'shady'? Seriously, because I don't get that impression at all.
I think that would be really hard for me to explain if the person I'm explaining it to doesn't already see it.

Basically, simply, facial expression and presentation, but that may over simplify it. And I know these coaches have been around college football a long time and (presumably) without incident

I think that would be really hard for me to explain if the person I'm explaining it to doesn't already see it.

Basically, simply, facial expression and presentation, but that may over simplify it. And I know these coaches have been around college football a long time and (presumably) without incident
post-15478-Nathan-Fillion-speechless-gif-TeGC.gif

I can guarantee you one thing: If there was a video of every top 10 school doing the exact same thing as SU did, you would see a lot more "shade". We are in great hands.

I know multiple coaches that cannot speak highly enough about Nick Monroe, and the guy has never had a recruiting violation.

This is a horrible post based on absolutely nothing in reality.

What 'hate'? People were just asking you for specifics.

Judge much? That post was based on????

Let me start with a little "hate"...

Orijinal said:
I think that would be really hard for me to explain if the person I'm explaining it to doesn't already see it. Basically, simply, facial expression and presentation, but that may over simplify it. And I know these coaches have been around college football a long time and (presumably) without incident
This just seems like a ridiculous cop-out to me. In your first post, you claim these guys are shady characters. In your second, you turn it on the board by claiming "hate" from us. Now, you say that you can't explain your rationale except to people who can see "it" for themselves already. What does that even mean? You basically slandered a bunch of coaches based on your own look test. Nice work.

What are we basically supposed to see? I don't get it; explain it to me. Facial expressions have to do with what? Presentation? Do you mean how they present themselves? Is this an article of faith for you? belief without evidence to quote Dino. You have an opinion based on the feeling that they creep you out? Are you saying that this coach and staff will bend the rules in order to win?

Shady.
Facial Expressions.
Presentation.

I thought this was college football we were talking about...another thread just started about a certain head coaches string of indiscretions, and we're entertaining wild conjecture about someones wet dream of a look test?

Allow me then, to indulge in my own brand of fantasy:

These guys are lions. The Mongols under Ghengis Khan had a saying: that an army of donkeys led by a lion will always defeat an army of lions led by a donkey. Khan led the most savage horde of psychopaths to unimaginable glory. The consequences are well known. These guys are leading young men to be their best possible self. Whoever maintains that, in and of itself, is a bad thing has truly lost his way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom