Villanova is the real deal | Syracusefan.com

Villanova is the real deal

zeekay said:
I'd vote that that will be the toughest regular season game all year. Even tougher than UNC and Duke. Nova knows how to attack the zone and it's a dogfight every time. Even when they have half the talent.

I dont know if i would go that far.

Nova plays that pesky 3/4 court pressure and likes to get into hackathons. Being we are not an easy team to turn over is going to make it tough for them to score. We owe them one after the arcidiacino 3 last time we met.

I'd vote that that will be the toughest regular season game all year. Even tougher than UNC and Duke. Nova knows how to attack the zone and it's a dogfight every time. Even when they have half the talent.

Another former BE rival, Pitt, I think will be a tougher game. They have tended to have our number and are looking quite good this year (albeit limited schedule)

The old Big East is better than the ACC.

Nova, St. John's, UConn, Notre Dame (ACC), Pitt (ACC), Cincy and Georgetown.

I bet you are right. Virginia was supposed to be upper-crust and got smoked by Wisc GB today (albeit at GB)

The old Big East is better than the ACC.

Nova, St. John's, UConn, Notre Dame (ACC), Pitt (ACC), Cincy and Georgetown.

and Louisville. Even Providence, WVU, and USF are decent.

The old Big East is 107-31 (.775) OOC with 4 of the 15 remaining unbeatens, that's twice as much as any other conference. The old ACC is 72-34 (.679) OOC with no unbeaten team remaining.

I think if we can put a lock on accordion, we'll be fine. He's a good player but the kind I'd just like to smack in the mouth.

and Louisville. Even Providence, WVU, and USF are decent.

The old Big East is 107-31 (.775) OOC with 4 of the 15 remaining unbeatens, that's twice as much as any other conference. The old ACC is 72-34 (.679) OOC with no unbeaten team remaining.

Again, it's a leftover effect from the synergy created when Louisville, Marquette, and Cincy joined up with UConn, Pitt, SU, G'Town, and Nova.

I'm predicting in a couple of years, that effect will be reduced in those BE teams not lucky enough to get into the ACC and be in full effect in the ACC.

Sure, some will still be good, but not as good overall as they are showing this year or will show next year. Meanwhile the likes of UVa, NCSt, and FSU will rise in the ACC to join Pitt and ND as being great support for Duke, UNC, UL, and SU at the top.

Cheers,
Neil

cant wait to hear how jay wright is better than jimmy b

Jay Wright>Jay Bilas, at least. Bilas is ok compared to many of his cohorts, but that isn't saying much...being near the top of the sorry lot employed by ESPN.

Villanova must be ranked about as high as that other old Big East team...UConn... go ahead, hate this post. Villanova on it's own equals the amount of currently ranked opponents we have the rest of the season. We have a better shot at 40-0 than Kentucky, that's for sure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom