Virginia’s style of play is trash. | Syracusefan.com

Virginia’s style of play is trash.

SMH. We just refused to make Clarke shoot to beat us. We constantly collapse on him and he passes to open ppl. Just so stupid
I don’t want him pulling up from 8 feet away tho. He was putting the ball in the hoop today. Dude who made it was 1-6

Dude was 0-3 from 3 point range prior to the buzzer beater. Bottom line is...you just can’t allow a WIDE open shot like that and just HOPE a guy misses. Especially, at this level of basketball. Ugh!!! :(

Dude was 0-3 from 3 point range prior to the buzzer beater. Bottom line is...you just can’t allow a WIDE open shot like that and just HOPE a guy misses. Especially, at this level of basketball. Ugh!!! :(

i agree. that was a wide open 3 in rhythm that he could step into. you cant be ok with giving up that kind of shot regardless of who the shooter is.

they remind me so much of jamie dixons pitt.another easy to hate team.

the thing that bothers me most about UVA is that i am 100% sure that bennett coach's his players to handcheck and grab all game ON PURPOSE...and how much it helps them to get away with that.

pretty hard to watch.

the thing that bothers me most about UVA is that i am 100% sure that bennett coach's his players to handcheck and grab all game ON PURPOSE...and how much it helps them to get away with that.

pretty hard to watch.
The hand checking and clutching and grabbing on the perimeter for so many teams drives me crazy. The refs need to crack down on this.

pretty hard to watch.
It's the Rose-Noah Bulls philosophy.

If you foul for 48 minutes, refs won't blow the whistle for 48 minutes.

SMH. We just refused to make Clarke shoot to beat us. We constantly collapse on him and he passes to open ppl. Just so stupid
The guy who made the shot was 0-5 from the floor in the game and 0-3 from 3.

For the SEASON, he was 8-34 from 3.

He is EXACTLY who you want taking that last shot.

He was, BY FAR, their worst offensive option on the floor.

lol people are finally coming around after slurping Bennett this entire time (I was a fan of his at Wassou but not UVA.)

The guy who made the shot was 0-5 from the floor in the game and 0-3 from 3.

For the SEASON, he was 8-34 from 3.

He is EXACTLY who you want taking that last shot.

He was, BY FAR, their worst offensive option on the floor.

I don't think many are complaining about the dude who shot the shot as much as him being so WIDE open in that moment. Perhaps, those 8-34 numbers you point out reflect a percentage where many of his shots were at least somewhat CONTESTED. This wasn't the case at all in that buzzer beater, he had all the time in the world to set his feet squarely, catch (adjust his fingers on the label of the ball) and shoot. GAME OVER in that particular situation likely 50% of the time at this level of college hoops.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom