Virginia AD: GOR, Network, NYC--better than Lions, Tigers, and Bears | Syracusefan.com

Virginia AD: GOR, Network, NYC--better than Lions, Tigers, and Bears

arbitragegls

All Conference
until more would pay for the stealth side, we continue to provide "read between the lines" information that some see as valleys or peaks...either a easy ride down or a tough climb up...but nonetheless a star that shines down on the HILL.

This video from the ACC digital gives a brief view of what is being discussed and moved forward by the ACC...regardless what you may hear from outside sources, the ACC is in better shape as a conference than it has been for many years--obviously 'Cuse on board makes for a key positive.

Remember that Virginia was being discussed as one of those universities that the B1G wanted before Maryland and Rutgers...can now say that this was in fact true...but wanted to remain in a strong ACC...Craig Littlepage, AD Virginia is one of the major movers and shakers in the ACC...and what he discusses in this video is an indication of what has or is moving forward...our lions, tigers and bears are infact the GOR, NETWORK and NYC...

More coming soon...

It's Good to be 'Cuse!

Still hard for me to believe that a former Rutgers head basketball coach (who averaged a 7-21 record over 3 years) is a mover/shaker in the ACC. Oh Lord

Still hard for me to believe that a former Rutgers head basketball coach (who averaged a 7-21 record over 3 years) is a mover/shaker in the ACC. Oh Lord

No one can create better movers/shakers than former Rutgers basketball coaches.

rutgersrice.gif

"Read between the lines"?

There's nothing in this between the lines and little, beyond the obvious, in the lines.

GOR provides stability and solidarity. Littlepage is "Captain Obvious" on this one.

ACCTV - Could maybe happen. Conference is looking at it. ACC has a large inventory of games to offer. Yup.

NYC - Lots of press coverage in NYC but they still have to consider their traditional "partners". OK. I guess not slamming the door on NYC is "news".

This vignette seems a long way from providing any hints on future direction beyond everything is under consideration.

Mover and Shaker? Not that I have heard. What has he moved or shaken What has Virginia ever done ... except be the stooge for the Governor to leverage VT into the ACC, a proposition UVA was against from Day 1.

Bulls, bears, people from Connecticut.

This made me think of "beets, bears battlestar galactica"

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

@HokiesJournal: So the ACC is holding a "special event in conjunction with the conference's growth to 15 teams" in NYC next week. Wonder what that means ...

Pinstripe announcement next week?

@HokiesJournal: So the ACC is holding a "special event in conjunction with the conference's growth to 15 teams" in NYC next week. Wonder what that means ...

Pinstripe announcement next week?
It means Syracuse, Duke, UNC, Notre Dame, Louisville in the Garden BayBEE! ;-)

I wonder if the Pinstripe and MSG announcements will be made at the same time to show a total partnership with NYC. It makes the announcement about the ACC and NYC first and Pinstripe/YES a complimentary piece to the puzzle.

I still think Greensboro should host two ACC/Big1G games every year. Duke/Wake and NC/NC St as home teams. This guarantees those teams games in the challenge and appeases the Greensboro folks.

I wonder if the Pinstripe and MSG announcements will be made at the same time to show a total partnership with NYC. It makes the announcement about the ACC and NYC first and Pinstripe/YES a complimentary piece to the puzzle.

I still think Greensboro should host two ACC/Big1G games every year. Duke/Wake and NC/NC St as home teams. This guarantees those teams games in the challenge and appeases the Greensboro folks.

I wonder if MSG will get a double dose of ACC, landing the ACC basketball tournament and the right to show ACC third tier content as a regional sports network? That could be pretty cool...

until more would pay for the stealth side, we continue to provide "read between the lines" information that some see as valleys or peaks...either a easy ride down or a tough climb up...but nonetheless a star that shines down on the HILL.

This video from the ACC digital gives a brief view of what is being discussed and moved forward by the ACC...regardless what you may hear from outside sources, the ACC is in better shape as a conference than it has been for many years--obviously 'Cuse on board makes for a key positive.

Remember that Virginia was being discussed as one of those universities that the B1G wanted before Maryland and Rutgers...can now say that this was in fact true...but wanted to remain in a strong ACC...Craig Littlepage, AD Virginia is one of the major movers and shakers in the ACC...and what he discusses in this video is an indication of what has or is moving forward...our lions, tigers and bears are infact the GOR, NETWORK and NYC...

More coming soon...

It's Good to be 'Cuse!

Something is obviously up about the ACC Channel and NYC for the basketball tournament. After this ONE ON ONE with Littlepage, the ACC Digital Network has had ONE ON ONEs with Clemson's AD and Louisville's AD. They have asked each one about the ACC Channel and the basketball tournament in NYC. This can't be a coincidence; so something's up. Tom Jurich didn't quite know how to answer the Basketball tournament question other than to say Louisville really has enjoyed playing the tournament in New York with the Big East. But he couldn't comment on Greensboro because Louisville's never played a tournament in Greensboro.

I just find it interesting that the Digital Network is asking these same questions with all these ADs in the conference.

Something is obviously up about the ACC Channel and NYC for the basketball tournament. After this ONE ON ONE with Littlepage, the ACC Digital Network has had ONE ON ONEs with Clemson's AD and Louisville's AD. They have asked each one about the ACC Channel and the basketball tournament in NYC. This can't be a coincidence; so something's up. Tom Jurich didn't quite know how to answer the Basketball tournament question other than to say Louisville really has enjoyed playing the tournament in New York with the Big East. But he couldn't comment on Greensboro because Louisville's never played a tournament in Greensboro.

I just find it interesting that the Digital Network is asking these same questions with all these ADs in the conference.
Both very, very good points. Put it out there, get people used to it.

If you go through some of the other One On Ones with the other ADs and coaches it's not just the questions, it's also the answers. There is almost a "company line" response. Area of growth, biggest population, ESPN looking at the conference differently because of the GOR, number of eyes for viewership...basically the same thing coming out of all their mouths.

If you go through some of the other One On Ones with the other ADs and coaches it's not just the questions, it's also the answers. There is almost a "company line" response. Area of growth, biggest population, ESPN looking at the conference differently because of the GOR, number of eyes for viewership...basically the same thing coming out of all their mouths.

Omniorange posted two One-on-Ones in another thread, one with Swarbrick and one with Jurich. Supports your statement on the company line.

correct...and continue to "read between lines
'...more to come--very soon!
Seems to me you are trying to create something out of nothing. Even if they are common talking points, all that suggests is they passed around a sheet to keep people from stirring up controversy when none exists.

Something like this, "You may be approached by the press or internet bloggers to comment on a number of conference-related topics. All they are trying to do is fan flames hoping that someone will say something different or "controversial" so that they can feed that to the conspiracy theorints out there. Take a hint from Gordon Gee and don't say anything that can ever be seen as being false. All scenarios are possible. So just give them the non-commital answers below."

The idea that this is some sort of softening of the target by press artillery is preposterous, it seems to me.

The idea that this is some sort of softening of the target by press artillery is preposterous, it seems to me.
Well, this isn't a blogger or journalist asking. It's the conference's mouthpiece. It's simply a PR move.

It's akin to Matt Park "interviewing" TGD as part of an athletics department announcement/release.

I wonder if MSG will get a double dose of ACC, landing the ACC basketball tournament and the right to show ACC third tier content as a regional sports network? That could be pretty cool...

Here is an article from ESPN's Brett McMurphy from last month about the MSG idea. The ACC is definitely talking with MSG and apparently also Brooklyn's Barclays Center. The Atlantic 10 is using Brooklyn, but they are really a Philadelphia centric conference and perhaps would be better served to move their tournament there or back to Atlantic City.

The Big East is using MSG, but they have some benchmarks that they have to meet or MSG can decide to get out of that contract. The ACC can't go to MSG until 2016 anyway, so we'll have a couple of iterations of the Big East tournament there to see how they do.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/mens-co...-tournament-madison-square-garden-sources-say

Here is an article from ESPN's Brett McMurphy from last month about the MSG idea. The ACC is definitely talking with MSG and apparently also Brooklyn's Barclays Center. The Atlantic 10 is using Brooklyn, but they are really a Philadelphia centric conference and perhaps would be better served to move their tournament there or back to Atlantic City.

The Big East is using MSG, but they have some benchmarks that they have to meet or MSG can decide to get out of that contract. The ACC can't go to MSG until 2016 anyway, so we'll have a couple of iterations of the Big East tournament there to see how they do.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/mens-co...-tournament-madison-square-garden-sources-say

There ya go. A10 to Philly. Catholic Leage to Brooklyn. ACC to MSG. Done.

There ya go. A10 to Philly. Catholic Leage to Brooklyn. ACC to MSG. Done.
To anyone who questions SU's value-add to the ACC, would MSG do be looking at this without Syracuse in the mix? Same question for the Pinstripe Bowl. Look at the alternative schools...Rutgers would have had some influence with the Pinstripe Bowl, none w/MSG. UConn would have influenced MSG, but likely not the Pinstripe Bowl. Only SU helps you get both in NYC...