Virginia Game Thread... | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Virginia Game Thread...

Felt like UVA found matchups they liked with our shorties and exploited that. Just a tough game. Thought Porter played fine but need to play like has the last two weeks. Not pinning the loss on him, just saying big players need to step up in big games.

Nice to see the offense step up, I know UVA doesn’t have the best defense but it was still a good sign to see them but up 14. Just wish we could see the defense and offense play well in the same game.

Definitely not must win next week but that Rutgers game will be if they lose to Hopkins.

Yeah thought Porter let in some soft ones considering how he's been playing but he also made a few clutch saves as well.

I'd hope for a split with Hopkins/Rutgers. Both those teams are beatable. I think going 2-2 in the ACC this season would be good. Beat Hobart/Navy maybe pull an upset against Cornell who knows?

Was Phaup unable to return to the game? I saw he had a huge wrap around one of his legs.

If you told me the day would end with a 20 plus blow out on the road, the lax team blowing. 4 goal lead with less than 10 left and Buddy getting a flagrant one I wouldn’t have believed you

When SU was up 4 late, it was bound to be a one goal game one way or another. SU just happened to end up on the wrong side.

Beat Hobart/Navy maybe pull an upset against Cornell who knows?

Watching Albany-Cornell right now and Cornell not striking any fear into me. Albany up 7-6 with about 4 minutes left in the second quarter. It's being reported that Nanticoke is sitting this one out. Albany should be up more but they had a sloppy first quarter. Teat doing his thing for Cornell but the face off guy from Australia seems to be struggling as Albany dominating face offs.

so you're allowed to crosscheck-push a guy full bore after he gets inside you? and i'm pretty sure the SU player is pretty jacked, it wasn't a small amount of force. his option at that point was to trail check as kraus pulled his stick back/inside. he chose to slam him in the back.

It wasnt a crosscheck and it was far from ‘full bore’ whatever that this. It implies to me the CUSE kid was running or something. He wasn’t. The UVA kid is diving when he gets pushed in the back and the push has no bearing on the play. The kid doesn’t hit the turf because he’s pushed it’s because he dove.

I don't remember too many people diving at your legs when you were in cage. :oops:

You have to cut him some slack, being the tough guy he is, he played in goal without a lid and took a few too many shots to the head. At least it explains some of his comments. ;)

You are spot on.

altho a lacrosse purist i'm ok with the shot clock. this crease deal is way overthought and unneccessary.
it's like the NFL where it takes a committee to determine what's a catch anymore. make it simple. in or out.

It wasnt a crosscheck and it was far from ‘full bore’ whatever that this. It implies to me the CUSE kid was running or something. He wasn’t. The UVA kid is diving when he gets pushed in the back and the push has no bearing on the play. The kid doesn’t hit the turf because he’s pushed it’s because he dove.
kraus got inside him. he is allowed to dive without getting pushed. the push disallowed that "equal" opportunity after the cuse d mid was beaten. no one said he hit the turf because he was pushed, but he was disallowed the play he was legally able to make because of the illegal push. it absolutely had a bearing on the play. get over it. i'm not advocate for calling pushes. this call was easy.

Curious if anyone else thinks Buttermore should be getting more playing time? All three first line midfielders played well today, but Buttermore has missed on one shot all season. Maybe I’m overthinking it but couldn’t help but feel that he should have been out for the last possession. Maybe it throws off the chemistry of the first line, but he played so well it felt like he was wasted on the bench at the end.

Year after year, this program has a penchant for being unable to hold late leads. We’ve rallied many times ourselves, but it seems like we’ve pulled this stunt the majority of the time.
Was just singing that damn song! Inability to hold on! U said it

Curious if anyone else thinks Buttermore should be getting more playing time? All three first line midfielders played well today, but Buttermore has missed on one shot all season. Maybe I’m overthinking it but couldn’t help but feel that he should have been out for the last possession. Maybe it throws off the chemistry of the first line, but he played so well it felt like he was wasted on the bench at the end.

Couldn't agree more. It seems like Buttermore has to platy 10 times better than anyone else to get playing time.

If you bump Buttermore to the 1st line, it kinda kills the 2nd line.

Yes. I don't know about being bumped up to the 1st line but I felt like he wasn't out there enough in the 2nd half yesterday.

Wasn't able to watch this game but saw the highlights and will see the replay today. One thing from the highlights is that it really looked like Porter should have stopped that shot by kraus to tie the game 14-14. Cunningham did a good job keeping him at a poor angle but instead of stepping forward as kraus wound up porter kindof moved his right leg backwards and sideways to get his stick head down there which gave kraus the space he needed. That is pretty a pretty maddening lack of goalie 101 in that crucial a moment. The objective on a shot like that has to be to step to the ball and eliminate the angle with the body. I saw him do it on a low angle goal against army too. He's been amazing for us but man that is frustrating.

i thought porter played well. never saw a good angle if the ball on the goal line score crossed over.
back to diving. i don't care which way you dove. if you make contact with the goalie before or after release and land in the crease without push contact that should be waived off. safe space invasion . why make it science ?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom