Virginia Game Thread... | Page 31 | Syracusefan.com

Virginia Game Thread...

I was watching without sound. But I didn't see any weakness in the second half from them.

They’re good.. really good, but I don’t see them beating Duke or the current version of UNC.

Good teams with athletes won’t zone them.

I wouldn’t bet on them making the Final 4.
yeah i think there are teams out there that can guard jerome and guy...and then UVA won't be able to handcheck and foul every play like they do ...

It wasn't us - it was them.

I don't think I've ever seen a half that was so uninspired, so poorly executed, so lopsided, so horrible.

Good lord... We were up 4 at halftime.

" there has never been another team that has shot 3's against a Syracuse team in the DOME" ever 18 - 25. And we got to watch it, only the wrong team won.

IMO we should go after Jeff Capel, Billy Giilispie or Archie Miller...all undefeated against JB in the tournament.

This game is part of a pattern for UVA. Tied or down at the half and then lights out in the second half. I think it's because they don't play their "defense" in the first. The tight man d is fouling and daring the refs to call it every possession. In the first half, that might create problems. But in the second, they can get away with it with much less damage done.
You're really criticizing the refs in a 26 point loss? Here was UVA's offense in the 2nd half. Jerome playing at the foul line and gets the ball. The 2 SU guards split and guard other shooters. Jerome moves out beyond the 3 point line and who's guarding him? CHUKWU!!! 20+ feet from the basket. Happened at least 5 times when UVA broke open the game. Bennett is an excellent coach. I can't see any team playing a zone defense and beating this UVA team.

There goes your national champion IMHO.
Lol, no chance. UVA has proven they’re built for the regular season. They’ve consistently underperformed in the NCAAt. I see this year’s UVA team being no different. ANY team will look great shooting 75% from 3.

this is probably the biggest beatdown ive ever seen in a half against syracuse. not only dont we belong on the same court as them, we dont belong in the same league. this 2nd half is like a college team against high school kids.
Mich St 2000 NCAAT

for all those who think UVA is winning it all I've got a money bracket pool you are welcome to join
Against fellow elite teams, they have no post presence and no guard who can break down a defense.

Basically like us, but on steroids shooting-wise, with better coaching.

You're really criticizing the refs in a 26 point loss? Here was UVA's offense in the 2nd half. Jerome playing at the foul line and gets the ball. The 2 SU guards split and guard other shooters. Jerome moves out beyond the 3 point line and who's guarding him? CHUKWU!!! 20+ feet from the basket. Happened at least 5 times when UVA broke open the game. Bennett is an excellent coach. I can't see any team playing a zone defense and beating this UVA team.
You didn't understand my post at all.

UVA is solid. They aren't great anywhere, though. They were just perfect for the 'defense' we laid at their feet. There's no reason to bet against them in the tournament. Villanova used to also disappoint, and then boom went the dynamite. UVA's time will come. It took JB a long time after early flameouts, too, and we only got ours because we had the best player in the country. UVA doesn't have anything near the best player. Even the guy Bilas was touting isn't a great player. He's no Kawhi Leonard.

Against fellow elite teams, they have no post presence and no guard who can break down a defense.

Basically like us, but on steroids shooting-wise, with better coaching.

Virginia also plays tremendous defense. Hardly a look for us in the second half.

UVA is solid. They aren't great anywhere, though. They were just perfect for the 'defense' we laid at their feet. There's no reason to bet against them in the tournament. Villanova used to also disappoint, and then boom went the dynamite. UVA's time will come. It took JB a long time after early flameouts, too, and we only got ours because we had the best player in the country. UVA doesn't have anything near the best player. Even the guy Bilas was touting isn't a great player. He's no Kawhi Leonard.
I think they’re time may come, but not this year and I wonder if their recruiting/style lends itself to Titles & Final 4’s.

I put them at the bottom of the Top 8 teams in a round robin. I just think teams with athletes, who don’t zone, will lock them up like Duke has.

They’re good.. really good, but I don’t see them beating Duke or the current version of UNC.

Good teams with athletes won’t zone them.

I wouldn’t bet on them making the Final 4.

Duke, UNC and UVA are three of the five best teams in the country.

Which ones make the Final Four depend on luck of the draw and matchups.

I certainly wouldn't best against UVA.

You didn't understand my post at all.
Here is your statement: "The tight man d is fouling and daring the refs to call it every possession. In the first half, that might create problems. But in the second, they can get away with it with much less damage done. "

What then did you mean if not the UVA defense got away with fouls in the 2nd half that were called in the 1at half?

i believe the cavs had 8 to's 1st half. finished with just 11. took better care of the ball 2nd half.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom