Virginia Tech Tailgate, Oct 23rd, 2021 | Syracusefan.com

Virginia Tech Tailgate, Oct 23rd, 2021

TexanMark

Tailgate Guru
I can't commit to supporting this one yet. However, I expect we will have some type of organized gathering. Expect the tailgate will be in a general parking lot. Weather should be pretty good (63-37) but can be changeable. The drive down from Upstate NY should be spectacular. Roanoke is about 30 mins from Blacksburg and a good area to start looking for motels.

A ticket buy is TBD. If you are thinking about attending, add your name.

If you can support with tailgate equipment, food and drink supply, etc...please volunteer

TexanMark 2?

I'm in for 4 as well Mark. Already booked a hotel for Roanoke. I'll have rental car if you need pick up/transport of tailgating supplies!

In for 2. I’m sure we can help out in some way with food, drinks, or equipment. We have been looking forward to this game for a few years.

I think we have enough for a quorum. When appropriate, I'll contact VT Ticketing and see if group rates are possible. If not, going through SU at the full rack rate will be looked into. In the past: SU blocked off an area so we'll be together.

I can't commit to supporting this one yet. However, I expect we will have some type of organized gathering. Expect the tailgate will be in a general parking lot. Weather should be pretty good (63-37) but can be changeable. The drive down from Upstate NY should be spectacular. Roanoke is about 30 mins from Blacksburg and a good area to start looking for motels.

A ticket buy is TBD. If you are thinking about attending, add your name.

If you can support with tailgate equipment, food and drink supply, etc...please volunteer

TexanMark 2?
Mark, we will have at least 8 attending the tailgate and I would expect this number to rise as we get closer to the game.

Recently became an Alexandria, VA resident so had to go in google maps to see how far we live from Blacksburg. Apparently 4 hours. Can count me in for 2.

How’s the tailgating scene and town around VTech?

Mark, I’ll be driving my truck down I’m sure.

I can bring some items, I’ll at the minimum have a canopy tent and weights, if this is happening, I will do everything I can to help assist.
You know it...do you guys have the capability to travel a sixer?

You know it...do you guys have the capability to travel a sixer?

absolutely I would be able to.

not sure what we will have around then but I can certainly get one down there.

Just a tip if your driving down 81 from NY State. I made the drive via that route to go to WF game a few years back. I started drive back early evening thinking I would stop along 81 when I got tired and crash at hotel/motel. Mistake, fall is the tourist season along the Shenandoah Valley. I tried about 5 stops , no vacancies for miles. So plan ahead. Also plan on moderate to heavy traffic on 81 if Friday Saturday

Just a tip if your driving down 81 from NY State. I made the drive via that route to go to WF game a few years back. I started drive back early evening thinking I would stop along 81 when I got tired and crash at hotel/motel. Mistake, fall is the tourist season along the Shenandoah Valley. I tried about 5 stops , no vacancies for miles. So plan ahead. Also plan on moderate to heavy traffic on 81 if Friday Saturday
Great point, you might look around Roanoke...or maybe book two nights around Harrisonburg and drive in and out on game day.

I'm driving up from N Florida and will be staying near the NC/VA border in Hillsville, VA at a Super 8

Mark- looks like my crew will be there with 8 of us. Need Tickets for sure, tailgate likely.

Thanks
FLOrange44 (George)

How’s the tailgating scene and town around VTech?
I’m a VT grad that grew up in Cuse, diehard cuse fan, barely a VT fan.
The tailgate seen is quite good at VT, similar to NC State or UVA, but not awesome like Clemson or Auburn.

Caveat: if it’s a night game, it’s an awesome tailgate and game atmosphere!

The town of Blacksburg is very small and the Main Street with college bars And restaurants is about the size of Marshall st. Not very big. Not very impressive imo.

The campus overall is very nice with “Hokie stone” buildings all around the drill field. Great people too and a great school education wise.
Definitely worth a visit but just don’t expect much from the town.

Florange44

I’m a VT grad that grew up in Cuse, diehard cuse fan, barely a VT fan.
The tailgate seen is quite good at VT, similar to NC State or UVA, but not awesome like Clemson or Auburn.

Caveat: if it’s a night game, it’s an awesome tailgate and game atmosphere!

The town of Blacksburg is very small and the Main Street with college bars And restaurants is about the size of Marshall st. Not very big. Not very impressive imo.

The campus overall is very nice with “Hokie stone” buildings all around the drill field. Great people too and a great school education wise.
Definitely worth a visit but just don’t expect much from the town.

Florange44
...there Blue Light in Virginia?