Visitors for February/March/Spring Practice 2019/April/May | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Visitors for February/March/Spring Practice 2019/April/May

Seems like we’re entertaining more kids now than in the past. Could be wrong, but this just seems to be part of our upward recruiting trajectory. These visits are on their own dime too. That reflects legitimate interest.
I will admit however that the travel costs for the Nottingham players probably ain’t that much.

Seems like we’re entertaining more kids now than in the past. Could be wrong, but this just seems to be part of our upward recruiting trajectory. These visits are on their own dime too. That reflects legitimate interest.
I will admit however that the travel costs for the Nottingham players probably ain’t that much.
This is the time of year that you have schools bringing teams through for visits to various schools.

Alot of these players aren't P5 level and don't have offers.
These visits aren't all about bringing in kids that the staff will offer. In some cases it's about developing relationships with high school coaches/programs or developing goodwill with local programs. Also some of these kids the coaches will invite back to camp for evaluation. I'll let them decide who is a P5 players.

Alot of these players aren't P5 level and don't have offers.
These visits aren't all about bringing in kids that the staff will offer. In some cases it's about developing relationships with high school coaches/programs or developing goodwill with local programs. Also some of these kids the coaches will invite back to camp for evaluation. I'll let them decide who is a P5 players.
I wonder if part of the strategy behind "offering" a lot of players is partly to get online/social media buzz promoting the school from players.

Regardless of if they ever suit up for us, the mentions online all help a little.

Ouch, burn.

I wonder if part of the strategy behind "offering" a lot of players is partly to get online/social media buzz promoting the school from players.

Regardless of if they ever suit up for us, the mentions online all help a little.
And nothing like kids going back to their high school chatting about what a great time they had at SU. The coaches, facilities, etc. Maybe the kid visiting now doesn't end up at SU but a team mate could next year.

Pretty cool to be a Nottingham alum (hence my user name) and lifelong SU fan to see SU hosting local kids even just to give them the experience of taking it all in. Probably a dream come true for these city kids. They should be proud ... well done SU for not overlooking local talent ...

That's Bolinksy in the pic with Elsdon.

2020 LB Tyler Elsdon, North Schuylkill HS, Ashland, PA
Tyler Elsdon on Hudl
Aaron Bolinsky is presumably in the picture with Elsdon because Bolinsky also attended North Schuykill HS.