Class of 2019 - Visitors for Louisville | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 Visitors for Louisville

CuseLegacy

Since the list is growing, even though most have their own threads, I'll put them here so we can keep track. Feel free to add to the list.

Malik Brooks No offer
Class of 2019 - WR Malik Brooks (NY) Verbal to Buffalo

Jawhar Jordan Committed to SU
Class of 2019 - RB Jawhar Jordan Jr. (AZ) VERBALLED to SYRACUSE

Lee Kpogba Offered
Class of 2019 - OLB Lee Kpogba (NC) Decommitted from WV / Offered

Mikel Jones Offered
Class of 2019 - DE Mikel Jones (FL) Offered

Thomas Grayson Offered
Class of 2019 - RB Thomas Grayson (OK) Decommitted from Nebraska / Offered
Grayson is visiting OU this weekend. Thanks bnoro

James Hudson III
Class of 2017 - DT/OT James Hudson III (OH) Transferring from Michigan

Last edited:
So this is shaping up to be a heck of a recruiting weekend. Hosting two 4 Star kids and a former 4 Star D-Tackle. All need positions.

LB - Mikel Jones (4 Star at both sites) - Florida kid
(O) Auburn, Clemson, Georgia, Iowa State, Kentucky, LSU, LVille, Ole Miss, Oregon, Utah, WVU.
Visits scheduled to Syracuse, LVille, OleMiss

LB - Lee Kpogba (4 Star at rvls, 3 Star at 2 4 7) - NC kid - previously committed to WVU
(O) WVU, FSU, Miss, Miss St, Duke, Indiana, MD, Purdue, Tennessee,
No other visits scheduled

So says Mike McCallister in a follow-up tweet

It appears he'd been suffering some type of injury - arm or finger - and thats why Harbaugh said he put a different player in the game 2 weeks ago. But on that Monday morning Hudson announced his transfer.

Depending on the article you read it sounds like Hudson was pushing to be the starting coming out of August camp but then got jumped for PT in the Michigan State game. So who knows. I'll be interested now to see what transpires with Hudson whether he enrolls here or not.

Former 4-Star LB Drew Singleton announced his transfer from Michigan the week before.

Since the list is growing, even though most have their own threads, I'll put them here so we can keep track. Feel free to add to the list.

Malik Brooks No offer

Lee Kpogba Offered

Mikel Jones Offered

Thomas Grayson Offered

James Hudson III
If we can get Mikel Jones and Lee Kpogba for 19 and add Hudson for 20 and move him back to DT. Huge potential for 2020 defense with Trill and Mel and Frisco as starters with alot of experience

Malik Brooks No offer

Lee Kpogba Offered

Mikel Jones Offered

Thomas Grayson Offered

James Hudson III

That alone is a star studded group. Who knows the best of the bunch may be the unrated kid committed to UB. If we can even land half of those guys it would be a huge recruiting win.

Adding studs like Kpogba and Jones will really give our LB group a shot in the arm. Looks like we will be going heads up vs FSU for Kpogba. R!vals had Kpogba listed as one of FSU's top 5 targets to close their class. This battle right here will really tell you if wins vs losses this season really matter.

Also, having a playmaker like Jordan re-committed really gives this recruiting class a different look. We jave that explosive, potential game changer.

Now we just need to close with a stud QB. OT and DT.

That alone is a star studded group. Who knows the best of the bunch may be the unrated kid committed to UB. If we can even land half of those guys it would be a huge recruiting win.

Adding studs like Kpogba and Jones will really give our LB group a shot in the arm. Looks like we will be going heads up vs FSU for Kpogba. R!vals had Kpogba listed as one of FSU's top 5 targets to close their class. This battle right here will really tell you if wins vs losses this season really matter.

Also, having a playmaker like Jordan re-committed really gives this recruiting class a different look. We jave that explosive, potential game changer.

Now we just need to close with a stud QB. OT and DT.

QB? You really think there's one left out there that we'd want/can get at this late stage??

Big Uglies - MORE, PLZ!!! We need DT's like you read about.
And ideally a WR to replace Burnett, if he doesn't come back to the fold.

QB? You really think there's one left out there that we'd want/can get at this late stage??

I think we are good at WR for next year. With Hendrix (who is a beast) and Jax from Mich Dt, we might better next year than this one even though we loose Custis. Johnson and Johnson + Taj will have a full year playing under the belt and Jax who was a 4 star recruit ro Mich st has also practiced all year sitting out. The thought of Devito going 5 wide is exciting. That said we need 3 LB Dline and any othrt 4star we can

The staff didn't offer that many QBs this class but there are a few still out there with offers who haven't committed anywhere yet.

So this is shaping up to be a heck of a recruiting weekend. Hosting two 4 Star kids and a former 4 Star D-Tackle. All need positions.

LB - Mikel Jones (4 Star at both sites) - Florida kid
(O) Auburn, Clemson, Georgia, Iowa State, Kentucky, LSU, LVille, Ole Miss, Oregon, Utah, WVU.
Visits scheduled to Syracuse, LVille, OleMiss

LB - Lee Kpogba (4 Star at rvls, 3 Star at 2 4 7) - NC kid - previously committed to WVU
(O) WVU, FSU, Miss, Miss St, Duke, Indiana, MD, Purdue, Tennessee,
No other visits scheduled
Did Darius Robinson visit recently .. he's not on the list. Oooopss.. nvm. He visited for NC State.

yes, for the NC State game
Yep just caught that and edited. Thx for the info .. I had to look back through his recruiting thread. News was a little slow on the FB recruiting front but things have perked up lately.

Really curious to see how the QB position/offers play out. With DeVito firmly in the mix to be a three-year starter and having not see Amie... need depth and we will take one I'm sure, especially with Culpepper changing positions. Just curious to see how it all plays out and what level guy we are able to snag.

Just think of all those years that we couldn't even field a competent QB. Out of the past 19 years, about 16 of those years, that was the case.

Can't wait to see what Amie brings to the table. I'm just grateful that we have numerous high quality prospects in the pipeline now. About time.

Really curious to see how the QB position/offers play out. With DeVito firmly in the mix to be a three-year starter and having not see Amie... need depth and we will take one I'm sure, especially with Culpepper changing positions. Just curious to see how it all plays out and what level guy we are able to snag.

Rex is changing positions?

They moved him to TE before the NC State game.

I was not aware of that. I wonder if the rationale is that he is available in an emergency, and we are hitting the time of year where Amie could still technically play without burning his redshirt if necessary?