Vitale just ranted against Syracuse | Syracusefan.com

Vitale just ranted against Syracuse

Orangeyes

R.I.P Dan
& Pitt and the whole while ESPN was showing SU & JB. He said it's all greed. Ranted about college presidents and AD's preaching to kids about values etc, they better look in the mirror. He was hot.

That may not be exactly what was said but its close. If anyone heard it clearer please post.

& Pitt and the whole while ESPN was showing SU & JB. He said it's all greed. Ranted about college presidents and AD's preaching to kids about values etc, they better look in the mirror. He was hot.

That may not be exactly what was said but its close. If anyone heard it clearer please post.

So would Dickie V rather that SU and Pitt waited and have had someone else beat us to the punch? Of course it's about greed and football- no one disputes this. He might look to his employer though. ESPN has paid, and will pay, big bucks to show these games. Without ESPN and there popularization of broadcasting college hoops and football then moves like this probably don't happen. So if he wants to place blame he should rant at his bosses.

ESPN hands out free money, and Dickie V is shocked that all the schools scoop it up.

The day that Duke vs UNC isn't on national TV is the day I'll believe that ESPN is a "not for profit" organization.

Dickie V - . I didn't hear any of this from him when UM, VT, and BC moved. Then again, I don't pay attention to him.

him.

Hes the face of college basketball therefore he is always right.

Hate all he wants, he's gonna be on triple bypass heart attack mode when Duke plays SU in the Carrier Dome.

Why was none of this about greed when TAMU wanted to leave? Or Nebraska? Or Utah? Or Colorado? Or Miami, VT and BC? The spin that ESPN has been trying to put on this is BS. We are the greedy ones? GTFOH. They helped create this whole situation. But I don't expect them to report on their own moral hazards. We are an easy scapegoat.

He always has to sound like he's the voice of reason and morality. He's as big of a hypocrite as there is. In five weeks he'll be spouting off about how friggin great ACC basketball is going to be next season.

It's really starting to get on my nerves now. Everyone is vilifying Syracuse, but no one seems to give a about the farce that is wishy washy Texas. As soon as Texas makes their move, SU and Pitt will come out looking like peaches. Syracuse left an inept conference who had many chances to save itself, but instead kowtowed to the bigwigs at ND. You let a non-football school make a decision about football dollars? How asinine is that? Marinatto is reaping the benefits of caring more about ND and the bball onlies than taking the football schools seriously.

Dickie V - . I didn't hear any of this from him when UM, VT, and BC moved. Then again, I don't pay attention to him.

Believe it or not, I actually do believe he said something about it back then.

But as I recall he was ticked off because all of these conference moves were about "football","football","football" without any regard for basketball (his precious ACC wouldn't be doing round-robin bb games anymore). ;)

Cheers,
Neil

Does anyone actually listen to the guy anymore? I usually turn the volume off when he is announcing or switch the channel if he is doing a commentary.:blah::blah::blah::blah:

Dicky V is a professional who has exploited the game to develope great wealth.

It is ironic that he would criticize others for supposedly doing the same thing.

He always has to sound like he's the voice of reason and morality. He's as big of a hypocrite as there is. In five weeks he'll be spouting off about how friggin great ACC basketball is going to be next season.

It's really starting to get on my nerves now. Everyone is vilifying Syracuse, but no one seems to give a about the farce that is wishy washy Texas. As soon as Texas makes their move, SU and Pitt will come out looking like peaches. Syracuse left an inept conference who had many chances to save itself, but instead kowtowed to the bigwigs at ND. You let a non-football school make a decision about football dollars? How asinine is that? Marinatto is reaping the benefits of caring more about ND and the bball onlies than taking the football schools seriously.

Honestly, I'll take being the villain. Who cares. We are going in there to drink some beer and kick some a$$ and it looks like we're almost out of beer.

It's good to be the villain, helps recruiting. If we can just get to Calimari's villain status we'll be golden.

Dicky V is a professional who has exploited the game to develope great wealth.

It is ironic that he would criticize others for supposedly doing the same thing.

Dick Vitale is a saphead.

Will always remember the first time I heard him, it was way back in 1979 before he was a famous basketball announcer. Carolina was playing Detroit in Chapel Hill and he was just foaming at the mouth and being who he is, doing what he does. My brother and I just looked at each other and said who is this drip? Can't remember if it was an ESPN produced game or not, I just looked it up and ESPN first started in September of 1979.
His bias toward dook is so obvious a child can see it and the guy can't broadcast ANY college game without referring to Ratface and what a "classy" program dook is.

The man is a caricature of himself and his time to retire has long come and gone.

Dick Vitale is a saphead.

Will always remember the first time I heard him, it was way back in 1979 before he was a famous basketball announcer. Carolina was playing Detroit in Chapel Hill and he was just foaming at the mouth and being who he is, doing what he does. My brother and I just looked at each other and said who is this drip? Can't remember if it was an ESPN produced game or not, I just looked it up and ESPN first started in September of 1979.
His bias toward dook is so obvious a child can see it and the guy can't broadcast ANY college game without referring to
Ratface and what a "classy" program dook is.
The man is a caricature of himself and his time to retire has long come and gone.

I believe he coached at detroit.

Not surprised at all...

Believe it or not, I actually do believe he said something about it back then.

But as I recall he was ticked off because all of these conference moves were about "football","football","football" without any regard for basketball (his precious ACC wouldn't be doing round-robin bb games anymore). ;)

Cheers,
Neil

That actually sounds familiar. I take it all back, Dick. You may be one, but at least you're consistent.;)

In this country if you say it often enough and long enough a good percentage of the people who listen actually begin to believe it.

Politicians and politics are a good example. Talking heads can leave a lasting impression on weak minds. And god knows we have more than our share in the US of A.

If it helps Duke's exposure in a couple years he'll call it a great move by the ACC

Calm down people he's just upset that his Dukies will have more than one tough team to face in their conference every year
titter.gif

Now Duke and NC will have more than 2 or 3 tough games and won't be as rested for the tournament. Golly gee 5 or 6 tough games. How unfair!!!

Everyone involved in the broadcast or writing of college sports is in it for the money and because they love it, but money trumps the latter when your a professional. They're all hypocrites if the criticism is about money.

So would Dickie V rather that SU and Pitt waited and have had someone else beat us to the punch? Of course it's about greed and football- no one disputes this. He might look to his employer though. ESPN has paid, and will pay, big bucks to show these games. Without ESPN and there popularization of broadcasting college hoops and football then moves like this probably don't happen. So if he wants to place blame he should rant at his bosses.

+1 Why blame a whole school?? thats just plain ignorance. Its survival of the fittest. Look at Miami when they went to the ACC. What happened to their football program???

What if Duke, UNC took off for the Big East with VT and BC for football instead?
Vitale would have Estatic about how good Big East basketball would have been. He would be all excited for Duke and North Carolina not bashing them. Vitale has ALWAYS spoken with a biasedness which makes his points less pointfull.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom