Vitale | Syracusefan.com

Vitale

tptcuse

Living Legend
He does not look healthy. I know he barely made it through our Duke game. He doesn't have his usual energy tonight. Is he okay?

He does not look healthy. I know he barely made it through our Duke game. He doesn't have his usual energy tonight. Is he okay?
During the game today he said "I hope to be back next year for this game". I found it odd. I hope he's alright.

I think he recently stopped dying his hair and eyebrows...that will make a guy look older.

I hope he retires and lives a long healthy life. I can't stand listening to him

He does look worn out. He did sound like his old crazy self during the UVA-Duke game today so maybe it's been a long day.

I've noticed he hasn't looked the last year or so. Maybe he has the dreaded letter that begins with a C and is keeping it hush-hush. If so thoughts and prayers have to go out to him. Much as he's a Dook homer you have to forget that for now and look at the more important things.

His skin looks almost...yellow. He does seem under the weather

His skin color looked really off to me, too.
My wife commented on it. She knows nothing about CBB and walked by the set and said, "that guy looks like he has jaundice. Is he okay?"

I talked to him once and saw him a few times back in 2004 at the Broken Egg in Sarasota. His go to breakfast spot. I was eating there as well. Very cordial and nice guy. He looks really rough in person without the TV make up. I hope he keeps it going and stays healthy. He has been huge for this sport

I think he just needs to learn to slow down. He puts everything into sportscasting, which is awesome, but he's 74.

His tweets are a national treasure.
Today, one referring to Mike Gminski autocorrected to "Mike admin ski."

It happens pretty quick with older men. Bobby Knight about 5 or 6 years ago was really sharp as an analyst. People may not have liked his style, but you could tell the guy knew his game. In 1 or 2 years, he basically lost it. He just has a hard time concentrating and staying focused on the game, and his comments are disjointed now.

Perhaps for Dick its more of a quick fall physically rathen than mentally. He still seems to have joy for games, and seems as aware and focused as he was before.

Well he did do the game in Greensboro today and probably didn't get out of there until 4ish and had hour and half drive to Charlotte to do the bracket stuff at the espnu studios so I'd assume he had a pretty long day.

I've noticed he hasn't looked the last year or so. Maybe he has the dreaded letter that begins with a C and is keeping it hush-hush. If so thoughts and prayers have to go out to him. Much as he's a Dook homer you have to forget that for now and look at the more important things.

If that were the case, I have to think he would make it public with as passionate as he is about the V Foundation.

During the game today he said "I hope to be back next year for this game". I found it odd. I hope he's alright.

That is a bit melancholy. He is 74, though, and he has to wonder how many years he has left. Maybe ESPN has hinted that they are going to use him a lot less, or maybe not at all, next year. Hopefully it's that, and not anything serious with his health. I'm sure this time of year takes a lot out of him. Being 74 and on the road so much has gotta be tough.

I wish him all good things. He has brought a lot of energy to the upswing in college hoops popularity these last 30 years or so.

Maybe Fox Sports 1 is going to surprise everyone and sign him there???

His eyes look terrible. I think the skin color is an issue with the camera and make-up that is being used. If you look at his shirt collar, it keeps fading to yellow/green around his skin tone.

I know there is ton of hate for Dicky V, but he's an icon in my eyes. The first time his insane monologues hit SportsCenter in late-October/early-November, I feel like college basketball season is finally here and it makes my day.

He just mentioned Tony Bennett and a stripper. I really think he's sharp for his age, but that was a mistake.

I've seen him in person recently. He wasn't yellow but he looked old and tired. Quite different than this time last year. I've talked with others who have also seen him recently in the flesh and they were also surprised at the obvious deterioration.

I've seen him in person recently. He wasn't yellow but he looked old and tired. Quite different than this time last year. I've talked with others who have also seen him recently in the flesh and they were also surprised at the obvious deterioration.
I hate to hear that. Hopefully he gets some rest and slows down a bit. He is great for the game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom