Vonleh ? for you Francis | Syracusefan.com

Vonleh ? for you Francis

orangesoulja

Walk On
Do you think he will jump back up to the 2013 class ? If he does. Do we stop recruiting anyone?

Do you think he will jump back up to the 2013 class ? If he does. Do we stop recruiting anyone?
His stock is super high at the moment so it doesn't make sense for him to stay in 2014 unless his grades are in bad shape. Can't really answer the second part of your question until we see what happens with that.

Also I never forgot about doing a spotlight on Phil Booth that you had asked about a few months ago. I haven't been able to find any good footage of him to go along with the piece. Once I get something good, I'll definitely have something up about him for you guys.

Francis? Do you have any idea if Vonleh is going to come down to a bidding war? Seems with top 10 guys our best results are when we lock them up early. I expect Vonleh to reclassify as you stated unless his academics are out of wack. He already has a college D1 ready body from what I have seen.

Are you going to do another question and answer thread next month? SHould be about the right time.

Francis? Do you have any idea if Vonleh is going to come down to a bidding war? Seems with top 10 guys our best results are when we lock them up early. I expect Vonleh to reclassify as you stated unless his academics are out of wack. He already has a college D1 ready body from what I have seen.

Are you going to do another question and answer thread next month? SHould be about the right time.
I haven't heard anything bad about Vonleh so far but it's still early in the process. He will be in high demand and already has schools like Kansas, Zona, UNC, and UCLA after him. It will definitely be a dogfight to get him.

Yup, around early May we'll have some fun again :) I'll have some new updates on current and new targets leading up to that.

Francis, I was thinking the same thing. No need for him to do an extra year if he is ready. Also, do you have any info on PG Roddy Peters from Md. He's getting alot of interest from the Cuse. Class of 2014 looking to make the jump to the 2013 class like Vonleh.
Thanks, Francis

I'd be concerned that the late spring re-class trend with Drummond last year and Noel this year becomes standard procedure for several top 5 types. That will hurt us. If Vonleh reclasses it fits perfectly into the UK annual spring reload time frame. In addition if he reclasses to '13 SU does not have an open position to offer with both Christmas and CJ expected to be the starting forwards in 13-14.Even if Vonleh is a better talent, these guys want an unquestioned open spot. The best news for SU would be if Vonleh stays in '14 and actually falls a few spots in the class ranking to the 8-12 level. Maybe UK and UNC will then target someone else.

Francis, I was thinking the same thing. No need for him to do an extra year if he is ready. Also, do you have any info on PG Roddy Peters from Md. He's getting alot of interest from the Cuse. Class of 2014 looking to make the jump to the 2013 class like Vonleh.
Thanks, Francis
Hopefully I'll have something new on Peters next weekend when his DC Assault squad plays in the Pitt Jamfest. You going?

Hey Francis, any info on Dwayne Morgan, 2014 small forward? Seems like he's a guy who was "discovered" only recently, but has big time talent.

Also, does it seem like the Baltimore-DC area has a ton of talent for the next few years? I really like a lot of 2013-2014 players from that area, and I'm glad we have relationships there.

Hey Francis, any info on Dwayne Morgan, 2014 small forward? Seems like he's a guy who was "discovered" only recently, but has big time talent.

Also, does it seem like the Baltimore-DC area has a ton of talent for the next few years? I really like a lot of 2013-2014 players from that area, and I'm glad we have relationships there.
Cuse, UNC, Maryland, West Virginia, and Texas are some of the schools going after Morgan. I expect somebody from the staff to watch him this weekend.

Philly and the DMV are definitely loaded with talent for years to come. Another area not to sleep on is Florida. The staff has shown interest in a good amount of players from there.