Vonleh Growth Spurt | Syracusefan.com

Vonleh Growth Spurt

T

tee1222

Just google Noah Vonleh real height.
You will get everything from 6'7 to 6'10.

Anywho, I heard Eammon Breannon did the measurements. :eek:

He's at least 8 inches shorter than Jerami "Manchild" Grant. Still. Give me an Indiana big and I will give you a sorely disappointed Hoosier fan.
032813-Syracuse-Indiana.jpg

admittedly i've only watched noah vonleh play once (vs. UCONN probably like 15minutes) but i have to say i was impressed with his game.

admittedly i've only watched noah vonleh play once (vs. UCONN probably like 15minutes) but i have to say i was not impressed with his game.

Fixed. O points, 2 boards in that one.

I know his numbers are pretty good but I have not been impressed with him. Watched him twice. He's not really a C and not quick enough to be a PF or stretch 4, imo. Certainly not a 3. I don't think he is going to be much in the NBA. We have to keep him off the boards. I don't worry about his offense. Think Patric Young just not as athletic or diesel.

Vonleh is very good. Not sure people should be so dismissive of a big guy who is a month into his 1st year of college.

Vonleh is very good. Not sure people should be so dismissive of a big guy who is a month into his 1st year of college.

We'll see. I just don't think he has a position. He was such a hyped and prized recruit. More than our bigs. I know it's early. Tonight should be interesting. I just don't think he moves well, plain and simple.

Full_Rebar said:

Completely agree. Kid is going to be a handful.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

We'll see. I just don't think he has a position. He was such a hyped and prized recruit. More than our bigs. I know it's early. Tonight should be interesting. I just don't think he moves well, plain and simple.

Jim 'Diamonds in the Rough' Boeheim recruited NV hard (for 2014) and the staff was paraphased as stating "he is a must have get".

Cody Zeller was also dubbed unstoppable by many as a senior, and we know how that turned out. Zing.
But Vonleh is a talented big man, no doubt about it. I just don't know if he's talented enough to avoid being swallowed up by the zone.

Cody Zeller was also dubbed unstoppable by many as a senior, and we know how that turned out. Zing.
But Vonleh is a talented big man, no doubt about it. I just don't know if he's talented enough to avoid being swallowed up by the zone.

Cody Zeller was a Soph last year

I see the zone collapsing in my mind with outstretched arms raised high while flailing hands smacking the ball out. Turnover, fast break, SCORE!

Sorry, sometimes I just zone out in my head.