Vote for Bella! (Orangeyes Granddaughter) | Syracusefan.com

Vote for Bella! (Orangeyes Granddaughter)

sutomcat

No recent Cali or Iggy awards; Mr Irrelevant
Some of you might remember Bella, a granddaughter of board luminary Orangeyes. Dan loved to brag about her. He told me repeatedly that she hit the jackpot getting his genes and that she was going to be a great athlete. Was raving about her fantastic hand to eye coordination, unlimited power, great arm, etc. from the time she was 3. He assured me she was a 5 tool player.

Well, fast forward a few years and guess what? Dan might have been right about Bella.

She is hitting near .500 and some say she is the best hitter in section 3.

The Post-Standard has recently released a poll out to determine who the best softball players are in each class of section 3. And Bella is on the list.

If you have a few minutes and could cast a few votes her way, OrangeOnions (her dad and Dan's son) would really appreciate it. He says 'vote early and often!'.

Look for the class B section. Her full name is Isabella Johnson and she plays for Westhill.

Thanks!

IMG_4993.jpeg

She has the early lead.

• Isabella Johnson, Westhill​
    51.16% (353 votes)​
I didn't have to subscribe but after a bunch of votes it quit counting mine...will try again later...I do love a poll...

Need some more voters if available. Have maintained position but can't get closer than 100 votes. If you have time to put in votes, it's a battle. You can put in 25, then have to pause for 10 minutes or so before you can put in more...

A remarkable turnaround today. Orangeyes' granddaughter has built a decent lead but her opponent's supporters have been active. Voting continues through 10 AM Eastern Time tomorrow. As one of those that owe orangeyes a debt of gratitude, supporting his granddaughter seems appropriate.

A remarkable turnaround today. Orangeyes' granddaughter has built a decent lead but her opponent's supporters have been active. Voting continues through 10 AM Eastern Time tomorrow. As one of those that owe orangeyes a debt of gratitude, supporting his granddaughter seems appropriate.
Dan was a good friend. I have his back here. And his son’s and granddaughters. Doing what I can to help.

For those new to the cause, after you vote, you can refresh and vote again. And again. And again….

TIL -
his handle WASNT Orange Eyes??!!

Mind. Blown.

Blow Your Mind Wow GIF by Product Hunt
I never asked him about this but I can tell one story that relates to this.

Right after Dan decided on the handle Orangeyes, he reached out to me and asked for help getting an avatar. I had one. All the cool posters had one. He didn’t want to be that guy without one.

He specifically asked me to look for a picture of something with orange yes. ‘Find something cool’ he said.

So i went to Goggle and googled orange eyes. And I found a picture of an animal taken a night where about the only thing you could see were a pair of orange eyes. He was delighted with my find and made it his avatar, He kept it for years.

I asked him about it once. It is orange eyes or orange yes? He just smiled.

I suspect he was going for orange eyes but when he realized it could be orange yes as well, sometime later, it just made him like it more.

Thank you everyone for your robust response. It has made a HUGE difference. Second place is getting a lot of activity this morning. So any more help as we hit the home stretch this morning would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Congratulations to Bella for her prowess. It was nice to help honor her. Best wishes!

Thank you everyone for your robust response. It has made a HUGE difference. Second place is getting a lot of activity this morning. So any more help as we hit the home stretch this morning would be appreciated.

Thanks to everyone for supporting Bella. When the board gets behind someone in a poll, I don’t think that person has ever lost.

Possible new board motto:

Syracusefan.com. Fixing internet polls since 2000!