VT doesn't think MSG will be full | Syracusefan.com

VT doesn't think MSG will be full

Upstate

Co 2020 Cali Winner, Rcd/Rcpts/TD Rcpts (5)/TFL
"I'm not trying to rain on the parade here. Playing Syracuse is a big
deal, both from a current ranking perspective as well as a reputation
perspective, but I'll be surprised if the place is full."

yao_ming_meme_new_version_hd_by_guillersevilla-d3dwein.png

Especially if by "full" you mean the upper level section which probably won't be open.

well it doesnt help when the only team bringing any fans is Syracuse ... maybe if the other programs fans would help out we could fill it up :D

Are we saying this because of the obvious or just cause its the Wednesday before turkey day and the opponent is VT?

Last years CvC game, in the middle of the week was completely full of SU fans. Why would this years be any different? No one working the next day, with many people probably having a half-day or a day off on game day, it's in prime-time, it's a very popular night for people to go out, especially young people.

Are we saying this because of the obvious or just cause its the Wednesday before turkey day and the opponent is VT?

The latter. This Wednesday/Friday wrap-around Thxgiving game never does well as people are obviously hanging with the family. The fact that the tourney has a less than stellar field won't help.

The latter. This Wednesday/Friday wrap-around Thxgiving game never does well as people are obviously hanging with the family. The fact that the tourney has a less than stellar field won't help.
Thats the only thing that would make me think that it wouldn't be full. Stanford, OSU and VT fans wont travel for their basketball teams. Memphis, KU, MSU fans brought some, but it was still 80% SU last year.

The Friday game times are 2:00 for the 3rd place game and 5:00 for the championship game. Used to be 7 and 9. Guess ESPN liked other options better. The afternoon times will ensure a small crowd on Friday especially.

The main thing is the NIT is total garbage. VT, OSU, Standford? Really? That's just pitiful.

The Friday game times are 2:00 for the 3rd place game and 5:00 for the championship game. Used to be 7 and 9. Guess ESPN liked other options better. The afternoon times will ensure a small crowd on Friday especially.
College football will probably rule friday.

MSG wasn't full for the Champions Classic on Tuesday, and that had Duke, MSU, UK, and KU. It definitely won't be full for 3 schools that don't travel well and SU. It will, however, be 95% Cuse fans.

Last years CvC game, in the middle of the week was completely full of SU fans. Why would this years be any different? No one working the next day, with many people probably having a half-day or a day off on game day, it's in prime-time, it's a very popular night for people to go out, especially young people.

Because many Tristate fans who attend SU games at MSG will be leaving town for the holidays, such as myself. We will have a solid crowd, but it won't be our typical MSG showing and not nearly be close to full. If the game was last week or the following week, it would have been much better attended. Always happens to the Thanksgiving tournament. MSG was 2/3 full at best when we got smoked by tOSU and then spanked Washington a few years ago.

Thats the only thing that would make me think that it wouldn't be full. Stanford, OSU and VT fans wont travel for their basketball teams. Memphis, KU, MSU fans brought some, but it was still 80% SU last year.

80% SU last year, yes, but in an AC venue much smaller than MSG. Our ratio of fans this week will be similarly as high, but the volume lower. Just the way it is.

80% SU last year, yes, but in an AC venue much smaller than MSG. Our ratio of fans this week will be similarly as high, but the volume lower. Just the way it is.
That was in MSG. You're thinking of the Legends Classic that we played in AC last year vs. Michigan and Georgia Tech. Last year's Jimmy V Classic wasn't a tourney, just a series of games in NYC. Sorry I misspoke in the initial post, it was the Jimmy V, not the CvC. Had a great turnout then.

That was in MSG. You're thinking of the Legends Classic that we played in AC last year vs. Michigan and Georgia Tech. Last year's Jimmy V Classic wasn't a tourney, just a series of games in NYC. Sorry I misspoke in the initial post, it was the Jimmy V, not the CvC. Had a great turnout then.

That was also a double header with Michigan State, Kansas, and I believe Memphis involved. This is a double header with much less marquee names.

The coaches vs cancer 2 years ago drew about 15,500 for the UNC-Cuse final. I'm guessing it'll be like 13,000 or so. Won't be close to full.

Edit: I think the MSG thing gets atad overblown, as these numbers show. It isn't like SU sells out the Garden every time we go there. We will have the most support, of course, but not a sell out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom