Wagner Kickoff: 5 PM / ACCNX | Syracusefan.com

Wagner Kickoff: 5 PM / ACCNX

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
Matt Sarz thinks we're relegated to ACCNX (since it's an FCS game), but doesn't have a time yet.

Official release will be after Noon on Monday.

im guessing 12(accn) or 1230(yes) if on real tv no idea if accnx.
Nc State@ Clemson will be the night abc game.
Wake @ Florida State will likely be 330.
VT @ North Carolina seems like it would be the accn 730 game
The rest of the games are Blah,

Last edited:
im guessing 12(accn) or 1230(yes) if on real tv no idea if accnx.
Nc State@ Clemson will be the night abc game.
Wake @ Florida State will likely be 330.
VT @ North Carolina seems like it would be the accn 730 game
The rest of the games are Blah,
Do we have a chance for that new 11:00am window on ACCN? THAT.WOULD.SUCK.

Do we have a chance for that new 11:00am window on ACCN? THAT.WOULD.SUCK.
I guess its possible they could try to cram 4 games(11am, 2pm, 5pm,8pm) on accn and none on accnx but i doubt it

Last edited:
I guess its possible they could try to cram 4 games(11am, 2pm, 5pm,8pm) on accn and none on accnx.
I think that’s what they did yesterday. Hopefully a one-off and not their new schedule

I think that’s what they did yesterday. Hopefully a one-off and not their new schedule
only thing i can think of is espn is giving additional money if we add a game window?

11:00 for Homecoming?
I don’t think so.

Besides SU, there is no interest in this game from anyone else. Should be at the bottom of scheduling totem pole.

My handy-dandy Spectrum Program Guide (which we all know is NEVER wrong), shows the ACCN has Noon/3:30/7:00 windows scheduled for that day.

Besides SU, there is no interest in this game from anyone else. Should be at the bottom of scheduling totem pole.

Unless we get numbers next to our name. Ranked teams draw additional eyes

If it’s on ACCNX then SU should be able to pick the time. 3:30 or 7:00 would be ideal.

Schools do have the opportunity to provide input (I.e. Miami and noon games), though ESPN* isn’t required to honor the requests.
Cool. I did not know that

Cool. I did not know that
Su has trouble getting people to fill spots for work.. for a crappy game is it even harder to get people to work the times that may not work out the best.. I get that the 10% of tailgate want later starts but what about the other 90% of the people at the game?

Su has trouble getting people to fill spots for work.. for a crappy game is it even harder to get people to work the times that may not work out the best.. I get that the 10% of tailgate want later starts but what about the other 90% of the people at the game?
From what I have heard, based on fan surveys SUAD has done ,the most unpopular starting time for home football games for the fanbase in general is noon.

From what I have heard, SUAD thinks the later starting times are better for attendance.

I believe SUAD has asked Disney to avoid noon starts when possible.

If the game is on ACCNX, I would be really surprised if it starts at noon. But with Homecoming, some already planned events could come in play to drive the starting time.

I wouldnt be surprised at what times they say are bad,, But I would be also surprised that the difference is what they claim it to be.. I know they have asked STH once in awhile about it.. But that also removes 95% of the population from the question what if the 25K say we want 7pm and the other 500k in the area prefer noon and thats why they dont go..

I think its really more that the invested people may send back answers and many dont at all.. We have had the discussion a ton on here... If you said which is the best time for a game and the crowd when an opp is good then 7-8pm all day.. if you said to me which time do I like the least for going to a game its 7-8pm.. they can both be true.

are we really the only place in the country who hates playing at noon. there are tons of teams that play at noon -1pm every week, maybe more than any other time and they are all not because of TV windows..

when the team is good time doesnt matter and history has shown it for crowd.. Whether that makes a better game environment probably not.. but we have had some great early day crowds over the years..

From what I have heard, based on fan surveys SUAD has done ,the most unpopular starting time for home football games for the fanbase in general is noon.

From what I have heard, SUAD thinks the later starting times are better for attendance.

If the game is on ACCNX, I would be really surprised if it starts at noon. But with Homecoming, some already planned events could come in play to drive the starting time.
id say like 1 or 2pm if accn x as im sure the acc doesnt want any competing game going against the likely NC State @ Clemson saturday primetime game

They do not plan any events around possible game times and leave everything after Saturday morning breakfasts "up in the air". It is always a nightmare for the OAR office. They also do not like night for Homecoming but 3:30 would be ok. They do plan some Saturday evening events, and the engagement staff, in general, is ready to head home by the evening.

I wouldnt be surprised at what times they say are bad,, But I would be also surprised that the difference is what they claim it to be.. I know they have asked STH once in awhile about it.. But that also removes 95% of the population from the question what if the 25K say we want 7pm and the other 500k in the area prefer noon and thats why they dont go..

If they surveyed and matched it to actual historical attendance data, they probably got a good feel for reality. My guess is noon games are least popular (which, BTW, is true everywhere…). It kills tailgating, AND if you have kids, you likely have morning commitments which make noon difficult to impossible. 7PM starts getting late; while that’s great for tailgating and a rowdy crowd, it’s awful for families (interestingly I heard a lot of families at LSU complaining about our night game there in 2017; they were semi-OK with roughing out night starts for big SEC games but were not happy about it for Syracuse). Mid-afternoon is going to be best overall, so it’s not a shock Wagner is 5PM - that feel like Syracuse had some input on time selection.