Wait Mode | Syracusefan.com

Wait Mode

sutomcat

No recent Cali or Iggy awards; Mr Irrelevant
For what is typically the deadest of dead periods for news on college athletics, there are a lot of big things a Syracuse fan is currently in wait mode for:

1) News on who the new AD is. I doubt there will be any rumors. One day a new AD will be introduced. Bam. Just like that. I expect an annoucement sometime in the next month.

2) Further details on the dome renovation

3) An update on the ACC network. Some reputable journalists have stated an announcement is imminent. ESPN allegedly has a deadline of June 30th to make a decision

4) The Continuing Story of Taurean Thompson

5) Class of 2017 verbals for basketball

6) Class of 2017 verbals for football

7) Interstate Route 81/downtown Syracuse decision

It will be interesting to see how it all breaks down and what news comes first.

Nicely done Tom. Big summer for Syracuse. You can add to that the further development of the campus framework plan, as well as how the CNY rising fund will be allocated and begin to spur projects in Syracuse. The one that has interested me the most, has been the redevelopment of Varsity and Faegans. Syverud hates the look of Marshall Street, so I know its in the sphere of possibilities to push projects that enhance that corridor. Most likely a few years off, but I am continually pestering Don Cazentre at Syracuse.com for updates to his story on those possibilities. Nothing thus far.

time to place bets on and support current lift for life teams?

It's pretty unlikely that NYSDOT will make an 81 announcement this calendar year, but I'm equally confident that the decision will be to have a ground-level solution south of 690 and some expanded capacity (widening) on the three remaining expressway legs.

Agree about #1, haven't heard a single thing about the AD and I'm guessing I'll learn about it exactly when SU wants us to.

Nicely done Tom. Big summer for Syracuse. You can add to that the further development of the campus framework plan, as well as how the CNY rising fund will be allocated and begin to spur projects in Syracuse. The one that has interested me the most, has been the redevelopment of Varsity and Faegans. Syverud hates the look of Marshall Street, so I know its in the sphere of possibilities to push projects that enhance that corridor. Most likely a few years off, but I am continually pestering Don Cazentre at Syracuse.com for updates to his story on those possibilities. Nothing thus far.
What redevelopment of Varsity and Faegans? I missed that story/rumor.

What redevelopment of Varsity and Faegans? I missed that story/rumor.

Dellas brothers (who own that strip of buildings) received a grant to demolish the buildings and build a new 10-story building that would house varisty/faegan's along with apts and commercial space.

For what is typically the deadest of dead periods for news on college athletics, there are a lot of big things a Syracuse fan is currently in wait mode for:

1) News on who the new AD is. I doubt there will be any rumors. One day a new AD will be introduced. Bam. Just like that. I expect an annoucement sometime in the next month.

2) Further details on the dome renovation

3) An update on the ACC network. Some reputable journalists have stated an announcement is imminent. ESPN allegedly has a deadline of June 30th to make a decision

4) The Continuing Story of Taurean Thompson

5) Class of 2017 verbals for basketball

6) Class of 2017 verbals for football

7) Interstate Route 81/downtown Syracuse decision

It will be interesting to see how it all breaks down and what news comes first.

8) Who we'll be playing in the College Football Playoff semis

So according to the article, this may or may not happen? It would be a good thing, but I'll miss the old Varsity. I contributed to a lot of the smoke and grease 50 years ago. lol

I'm still waiting for this...
-7db2be53663b3096.JPG

I'm still waiting for this...
-7db2be53663b3096.JPG
Looks like construction is starting on some form of this in the parking lot just south of the mall. Pile drivers have been at work there the last couple of weeks.

So according to the article, this may or may not happen? It would be a good thing, but I'll miss the old Varsity. I contributed to a lot of the smoke and grease 50 years ago. lol
Dellas brothers (who own that strip of buildings) received a grant to demolish the buildings and build a new 10-story building that would house varisty/faegan's along with apts and commercial space.
Yep, believe there was some money included in the CNY rising regional development as well. However, not sure what the status of it is at the moment.

Regarding marshall st. And faegans and varsity, is syveruds concern cosmetic and/or location? I would love for that block to get a face-lift and for more establishments to come in. So, is marshall st. Considered on campus? Privately owned businesses would have final say, correct?

Regarding marshall st. And faegans and varsity, is syveruds concern cosmetic and/or location? I would love for that block to get a face-lift and for more establishments to come in. So, is marshall st. Considered on campus? Privately owned businesses would have final say, correct?
yes, not university owned, so outside the purview of the university . I was just told he found it to be dumpy and is conscious that people visiting the school get an impression of it through spending time on Marshall Street. I think that he would be very interested in any development that cosmetically makes things better down there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom