Waiters APR Tweet | Syracusefan.com

Waiters APR Tweet

If he stays true to his word and does that, kid becomes one of my all-time favs. What a transition he has made in a years time!

The NCAA just releases a score, right? So we'll never truly know which player contributed positively and which let the program down.

If he does this, I can't think of a single SU player who has made a more positive transition during his period @ Cuse.
He will have gone from 'Deshaun Williams' status to 'Jonny Flynn' status in my book. That's a huge gap to close in one year.

People jumped on me for saying i believe the kid leaves in good standing...

Hope so. That would be a solid move on his part and would cement his legacy as an SU favorite.

I do wonder how any kid can leave in good standing when turning pro. Dion and others have to work out, usually where their agents set them up or back home, they have to fly around for team visits and have to go through a variety of work outs with other players leading up to the draft. Doesn't much of this happen in April and May? How will he be going to class and getting whatever work done? Schools almost have to push them through if they are to leave in good standing right?

Hope so. That would be a solid move on his part and would cement his legacy as an SU favorite.

I do wonder how any kid can leave in good standing when turning pro. Dion and others have to work out, usually where their agents set them up or back home, they have to fly around for team visits and have to go through a variety of work outs with other players leading up to the draft. Doesn't much of this happen in April and May? How will he be going to class and getting whatever work done? Schools almost have to push them through if they are to leave in good standing right?

School is usually done by the first week of May, at least it was when I was there. The kids travel a lot durign the season also, I am sure professors would let them make up work ahead of time or later than than normal.

If he does this, I can't think of a single SU player who has made a more positive transition during his period @ Cuse.
He will have gone from 'Deshaun Williams' status to 'Jonny Flynn' status in my book. That's a huge gap to close in one year.
didn't Flynn hurt the APR?

meh no different then going to workouts, team meetings, practice, and 2-3 games a week during the season

I don't have to go to one of my classes for the rest of the semester except for one day, and I only have to go because we have a test. If he has classes that require papers, and he does them, he's good.