Wake Forest coach charged in deadly Queens attack on tourist | Syracusefan.com

Wake Forest coach charged in deadly Queens attack on tourist

Wow I read about this attack earlier today when the suspect was at large. Didn't expect it to be a D1 assistant coach!!

Could his defense be that he was coming to the defense of the person that was punched in the face? Funny how the family and friends isn't talking about his actions towards that person. The article is missing information on that person's injuries. I am not condoning the violence but what if Jones felt that Szabo was a threat towards that man and others? Did Jones try to talk with Szabo originally and he was punched at? Just too many questions still left to determine. Sad that people will immediately determine guilt before all the facts come out. We might find out that Jones was just annoyed by the guy and sucker punched him which would make his guilt more obvious. Just don't know what to think. Feel bad for all parties!

Unless he was sucker punched, I really don't even think this is a crime.

Not being a jackass - but I kind of assume the drunk guy deserved the punch. Its not the punchers fault it just so happened to kill him. (sorry for landing a better punch than i hoped?) (sorry for bench pressing a few more lbs last week?) He clearly wasn't trying to kill him. You piss someone off, you know you are going to fight. It happens.

If i drop a banana peel on the ground and you slip on it and die, is that really my fault?

Guess I'm missing how this turned to victim blaming. All stories I've read, charges are potentially going to be upgraded, which sounds more like what is known so far. The victim was drunk (you shouldn't die because of that or most of us wouldn't be on this board anymore), knocked on a vehicle door thinking it might be an Uber, a verbal altercation ensued and he was punched in the face resulting in his death.

I guess I'm missing how he deserved to die. We are talking about death, not a bruise on his face that's a little embarrassing for a few days.

Not being a jackass - but I kind of assume the drunk guy deserved the punch. Its not the punchers fault it just so happened to kill him. (sorry for landing a better punch than i hoped?) (sorry for bench pressing a few more lbs last week?) He clearly wasn't trying to kill him. You piss someone off, you know you are going to fight. It happens.

If i drop a banana peel on the ground and you slip on it and die, is that really my fault?

I'm sure his family would understand.

I feel like I’m missing some of the story that some of you have gotten. The guy who died punched somebody? That wasn’t in the story I read.

And then I see another post saying he deserved to get punched...what did he do exactly?

The idiot banged on the coaches car. The idiot had already punched someone else. The coach took appropriate action to protect his property. If he would have tried verbal dissuasion he would have been punched by the idiot. Coach will be charged with manslaughter and be found innocent but in the meantime he will lose his job at Wake. You can take reasonable steps to defend yourself and your property. The case will revolve around 'reasonable'. Attorneys please chime in.

They said the guy was backing up when he got punched.

If he was attacking him or looking like he was about to attack and got punched, that’s one thing.

If he was backing up...it’s kinda hard to justify someone being in the right for punching a guy that’s backing up.

The idiot banged on the coaches car. The idiot had already punched someone else. The coach took appropriate action to protect his property. If he would have tried verbal dissuasion he would have been punched by the idiot. Coach will be charged with manslaughter and be found innocent but in the meantime he will lose his job at Wake. You can take reasonable steps to defend yourself and your property. The case will revolve around 'reasonable'. Attorneys please chime in.

Can you show me the article that says he had already punched somebody, or more importantly, had punched somebody in the vicinity of the coach which would then lead to the coach feeling as if he needed to protect himself.

Otherwise, a drunk guy knocking on car windows trying to find the Uber that had been called for him, is just that, a drunk guy.

They said the guy was backing up when he got punched.

If he was attacking him or looking like he was about to attack and got punched, that’s one thing.

If he was backing up...it’s kinda hard to justify someone being in the right for punching a guy that’s backing up.

If he was backing up (which i haven't seen) i think that would classify as a sucker punch, wouldn't you?

I'm sure his family would understand.

Doesn't mean his family is right to blame the puncher. The guy is literally banging on cars at 1:15 in the morning. He's probably going to get punched.

Man’s body found outside Buckhead bar

you want to blame that on the club owner too?

I've seen so much worse at Chucks with the Syracuse bball team. Eric Devendorf and TRob should have both been arrested for attempted murder if you think this coach is going down for a punch on a guy banging on his and others cars (unless it was a sucker punch - different story)

Can you show me the article that says he had already punched somebody, or more importantly, had punched somebody in the vicinity of the coach which would then lead to the coach feeling as if he needed to protect himself.

Otherwise, a drunk guy knocking on car windows trying to find the Uber that had been called for him, is just that, a drunk guy.

and that drunk guy gets punched pretty often. 1 in a billion die.

and that drunk guy gets punched pretty often. 1 in a billion die.

Correct and now he should pay the price for sucker punching someone and trying to be a tough guy. Hope he gets messed up in jail.

Doesn't mean his family is right to blame the puncher. The guy is literally banging on cars at 1:15 in the morning. He's probably going to get punched.

I always wondered how so many fans at Ped st. could defend what happened or why when a woman is assaulted people automatically start asking what she did. Then I read dumb like your posts and I realize there's people like that on every board.

I guess I'm missing how he deserved to die. We are talking about death, not a bruise on his face that's a little embarrassing for a few days.

I don't think anyone would say he "deserved to die"

Is there a post that says anything like that?

Correct and now he should pay the price for sucker punching someone and trying to be a tough guy. Hope he gets messed up in jail.

Did he sucker punch the drunk guy?

I always wondered how so many fans at Ped st. could defend what happened or why when a woman is assaulted people automatically start asking what she did. Then I read dumb like your posts and I realize there's people like that on every board.

ok. you just compared me to a child molester defender.

have a good night buddy.

Did he sucker punch the drunk guy?

Have you not read any articles. Maybe you should wait to post so much on a story you seemingly haven't read. You're one of those guys that makes this event into such a tough guy act but had it happened to one of your family members you'd be saying the complete opposite.

Drunk guy looking for his Uber, knocking on car windows because he's drunk, doesn't deserve to die. You can talk like a tough guy about it all you want. Guy is dead because he was drunk and trying to find his Uber.

You're too cool if this is a "whatever" type scenario for you.

ok. you just compared me to a child molester defender.

have a good night buddy.

Guy is dead because he was a little drunk trying to find his Uber. I mean seriously, you're defending a guy for killing a drunk guy stumbling around trying to find his ride. It's not that totally different really.

Have you not read any articles. Maybe you should wait to post so much on a story you seemingly haven't read. You're one of those guys that makes this event into such a tough guy act but had it happened to one of your family members you'd be saying the complete opposite.

Drunk guy looking for his Uber, knocking on car windows because he's drunk, doesn't deserve to die. You can talk like a tough guy about it all you want. Guy is dead because he was drunk and trying to find his Uber.

You're too cool if this is a "whatever" type scenario for you.

The only thing I'll say to you at this point is NO ONE HAS SAID HE DESERVED TO DIE! you lost me at comparing me to a child molester defender.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom