Wake Forest Game Day Thread | Page 61 | Syracusefan.com

Wake Forest Game Day Thread

The only thing that worries me is injuries.
We definitely want our guys to be as healthy as possible, just because it sucks for guys when they're hurt.

At 7 and 2 now, even if injuries cause the team to fade, we've secured a bowl appearance and would have lots of time to prepare and get healthy for a bowl.

We definitely want our guys to be as healthy as possible, just because it sucks for guys when they're hurt.

At 7 and 2 now, even if injuries cause the team to fade, we've secured a bowl appearance and would have lots of time to prepare and get healthy for a bowl.

Yup. And we should be able to beat Louisville at home with what we have.

ND at a neutral site is a “gravy” game. We win, and it’s one of the biggest regular season wins in program history. Losing is no big deal.

At BC will be tough. Should be a fun way to close out the season. We haven’t played big November games like that since 2001!

Last edited:
And who is worried we cannot match up against Beantown College? 5th Rushing score. Today.

I believe the concern was SU defense getting gashed, not offense getting shut down

I just need to get this off my chest. We all know we are going in the right direction and have alot to be thankful for. But our defense has alot of improvement needed and the only way out of it is to out recruit our way through it.
So...how do they know who is in any given uniform? Don't we have some pretty good alumni that could fill in for the Notre Dame game? It'll just be our little secret...

On the game management front, good job running on 3rd&Goal at the end of the half when they had no time outs. I woulda flipped out if we threw one incomplete and left a minute on the clock. Calling time out after a 2yd sack on 1st down with our defense was...aggressively optimistic but oh well.

That’s a solid looking team.

Duke Pettijohn gets a bit underrated because Freeney was so insanely great.

Even in that VT game where Vick got sacked 8 times. Freeney was out of his mind with 4 1/2 sacks, but Pettijohn was an absolute terror in his own right that game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom