Wake Kickoff: 12:30 PM | Syracusefan.com

Wake Kickoff: 12:30 PM

This is BS. These away games are at 4 but we keep getting these early games.

Looks like ACCN didn't want to show a game at 4 since there are two 3:30 ACC games on ESPN/ESPN2.

The part that really sucks is both BC @ Pitt and Miami @ Duke both being more attractive options. We have our early performance and Sage Surratt's injury to blame.

Selfishly, the time works out for me, but I would have liked to see the team get the afternoon slot.

This is BS. These away games are at 4 but we keep getting these early games.

These early home starts were baked in after our slow start and the NC State debacle. I thought our performance at Duke gave us an outside shot of a later game and I believe that if we had 5 wins right now it would have been but with half of Wakes team hurt and SU at 4-6 it is what it is. As Chip noted Pitt @ BC is a better matchup at least on paper although the Miami vs Duke game is a coin flip at best. One silver lining is the 12:30 start versus Noon, that extra half hour is a huge help in tailgating.

These early home starts were baked in after our slow start and the NC State debacle. I thought our performance at Duke gave us an outside shot of a later game and I believe that if we had 5 wins right now it would have been but with half of Wakes team hurt and SU at 4-6 it is what it is. As Chip noted Pitt @ BC is a better matchup at least on paper although the Miami vs Duke game is a coin flip at best. One silver lining is the 12:30 start versus Noon, that extra half hour is a huge help in tailgating.

su duke was at 4.

We were just talking about this. Sucks, probably the difference between making it to the game and not.

We were just talking about this. Sucks, probably the difference between making it to the game and not.

Yup I thought of you guys as soon as the time was announced. Sucks. Hopefully we win Sat to make the decision a little tougher and force your hand, lol.

su duke was at 4.

Right but that time was announced before Duke got obliterated by ND and if you look at the ACC schedule this past weekend that was more about the ACC having fewer options (multiple teams on byes) then them rewarding Duke with a 4pm start. The only early game was a nooner for FSU who played some 1AA punching bag and the two 3:30 games looked like blowouts on paper and were exactly that. The final week there is no 4pm game and one of the two late games is FSU vs Florida on at 730 on SEC Network.

Had Wake not lost half their team to injury the past 2-3 weeks and SU able to beat a god awful NC State team we probably had a good shot at the 7pm ACC Network game that is currently UNC vs NCstate. I guess you could make a case for our game over Duke vs Miami as well but thats a hard sell when Miami is involved.

Wow. Thanks a lot. These have to be the worst times for an entire season I can ever remember

Wow. Thanks a lot. These have to be the worst times for an entire season I can ever remember

The WMU game was unfortunately an omen of things to come with the Noon start that was backed right up with Noon for Holy Cross which was the real downer. Pitt and Clemson were at least non nooners but after HC was a noon and our losses to NC State and Pitt I knew it was likely we were looking at mostly nooners for the remaining home games. Sucks but with the daylight issue a 12:30 for late Nov isn't terrible. 3:30 would have been perfect though.

Right but that time was announced before Duke got obliterated by ND and if you look at the ACC schedule this past weekend that was more about the ACC having fewer options (multiple teams on byes) then them rewarding Duke with a 4pm start. The only early game was a nooner for FSU who played some 1AA punching bag and the two 3:30 games looked like blowouts on paper and were exactly that. The final week there is no 4pm game and one of the two late games is FSU vs Florida on at 730 on SEC Network.

Had Wake not lost half their team to injury the past 2-3 weeks and SU able to beat a god awful NC State team we probably had a good shot at the 7pm ACC Network game that is currently UNC vs NCstate. I guess you could make a case for our game over Duke vs Miami as well but thats a hard sell when Miami is involved.

I get all that. Bottom line is the slug SU team was good enough to play at 4 on the road, but not at home.

I get all that. Bottom line is the slug SU team was good enough to play at 4 on the road, but not at home.

Its just how the schedule broke out, if all the teams that were on a bye were playing this past weekend we would have been playing at Noon versus Duke as well. There was only one Noon game last week which was FSU.

Every home game this year was either night or a nooner. 2 night home games. and 4 nooners. The extra half hour later for wake is nice though at least.

Also the mens team will have a game at 9:30 the night before if they win that wednesday.

What's weird is that the ACC doesn't seem to always have a 12:30 RSN game.

Like, for example, this weekend.

Either way, when they lined them all up, we were last on the list. If we can win this weekend, we can at least have some energy in the place. If we lose, senior day will feel like a funeral.

Was really hoping to have a late afternoon slot with my family doing thanksgiving that day, probably could have made the game and made family happy. Now I have to disappoint family.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom