The Walking Dead | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

The Walking Dead

There's something that happens in the comics with Carl (not death, so don't get your hopes up, anyone) right around this time in the story that I'm wondering is about to happen based on what was going on with Ron.

There's something that happens in the comics with Carl (not death, so don't get your hopes up, anyone) right around this time in the story that I'm wondering is about to happen based on what was going on with Ron.

I don't think they are going there. Kirkman mentioned in an interview that he was regretful about what the Governor did to Rick in the comics because they wrote themselves into a hole, and he also mentioned something about how Carl went through hell. Gimple stated how difficult it would have been to dipict Rick's handicap in the show, much less how it would limit his character. If they were to do that to Carl, he'd have to wear some kind of green screen fabric on his face from now on, and it's clear they didn't really like that idea for shooting.

But, this is The Walking Dead, so you never know...

I don't think they are going there. Kirkman mentioned in an interview that he was regretful about what the Governor did to Rick in the comics because they wrote themselves into a hole, and he also mentioned something about how Carl went through hell. Gimple stated how difficult it would have been to dipict Rick's handicap in the show, much less how it would limit his character. If they were to do that to Carl, he'd have to wear some kind of green screen fabric on his face from now on, and it's clear they didn't really like that idea for shooting.

But, this is The Walking Dead, so you never know...
I just read a spoiler. They're going there.

I just read a spoiler. They're going there.

wow. well since they brought glen back from the dead (for now) they need to do something.

by the way, going back last episode when Daryl was going in and out of consciousness this was the closed caption audio:

“probably just a soldier from one of the outposts”

“probably hates HIM to”

This can only be the Saviors and him being Negan

Walking through the woods conversation the only real thing that stood out was the dude saying;

“have them own you for a roof over your head and 3 squares a day”

And I noted when random savoir guy got bit by the zombie he started calling out for Dwayne or Wayne. Not sure if it's significant. Could that be Dwight? I found it interesting that they never showed any savior faces except the dude who got bit.

Last edited:
Have to say so far the season has been pretty disappointing for me. The whole throw away episode the week after Glen goes down. Then having to wait 2 weeks to find out what happened to Glen. Last night's episode should have been really killer but just wasn't.

Throw in the fact I absolutely hate the break in the season and I am not loving the show this season.

That finale was disappointing as hell. Hopefully things pick up in the second half of the season with some of the better characters being introduced.

Any episode where Sam is one of the main focal points has to be disappointing. Hate the kid, turn off the creepy music buddy. Must have missed the day in school where they taught everyone to

That finale was disappointing as hell. Hopefully things pick up in the second half of the season with some of the better characters being introduced.

And where the hell is Heath? Is he hiding in a closet? What about that guy in the hospital? Did he become walker buffet?

Atleast now we know why those people in the woods thought Daryl was a Savior. They all ride bikes. :)

I'm once again disappointed in Morgan's decision making skills. ;)

And where the hell is Heath? Is he hiding in a closet? What about that guy in the hospital? Did he become walker buffet?

Atleast now we know why those people in the woods thought Daryl was a Savior. They all ride bikes. :)

I'm once again disappointed in Morgan's decision making skills. ;)
Wait, that's a good question. Where IS Heath? He survived...and got home with Michonne, didn't he? Wasn't he a part of that little contingent?

One of the only Alexandria characters worth a damn (along with Aaron) and he's MIA.

Wait, that's a good question. Where IS Heath? He survived...and got home with Michonne, didn't he? Wasn't he a part of that little contingent?

One of the only Alexandria characters worth a damn (along with Aaron) and he's MIA.

Yes, he got back alive with Michonne. He's a big player in the story to come if it's right out of the comics. It seems he would have been around for the Walker invasion. Unless he went out to make another run and finds Jesus? I'm betting Jesus stumbles upon the Savior group that is holding Daryl and co. "hostage" right now and frees them, then goes with them back to Alexandria.

Yes, he got back alive with Michonne. He's a big player in the story to come if it's right out of the comics. It seems he would have been around for the Walker invasion. Unless he went out to make another run and finds Jesus? I'm betting Jesus stumbles upon the Savior group that is holding Daryl and co. "hostage" right now and frees them, then goes with them back to Alexandria.
All I know is that Jesus is first listed on IMDb for episode 10. So that lines up.

Anyone gonna be watching new shows starting tomorrow night? Of course they had to put it on Valentine's Day.

image.png

Then that would be a really long dream. Never thought of that one.

Don't have cable or dish but I do have Amazon Prime. Paid for the season in advance and so I can watch it any time I want. (The video is posted on Amazon several hours after the initial TV broadcast.)

So who did Negan kill in the season finale? Either Glenn, Maggie, Abraham, or possibly Michonne. Has to be someone important. It was Glenn in the comic book, but that doesn't mean it's him in the show. Don't think it's Darryl.

So who did Negan kill in the season finale? Either Glenn, Maggie, Abraham, or possibly Michonne. Has to be someone important. It was Glenn in the comic book, but that doesn't mean it's him in the show. Don't think it's Darryl.

The guy holding the camera.

The best theory that I've seen uses the idea that the point of view angle is used throughout the episode by someone that was in the trailer (Glenn, Daryl, Michonne, Rosita), so that is who gets it in the end. When they are led out of the trailer, you get a glimpse of the back of the person in front of our victim. Piece that together with the order you see them come out during the next scene leads to the conclusion that it's Glenn. I haven't re-watched to verify though, but it sounds logical.

That said, leaving a cliffhanger only to have it be the guy that was the top candidate all along is a major copout. Especially if it leaks before the next season premiere airs. The show has a rabid fanbase and doesn't need to resort to tricks to make sure they come back.

comic spoiler ahead:

I have to go with Glen (same fate in the comic book). This would allow for Maggie's rise to power. But could see it being Abraham (killed by Dwight in the comic book with the arrow to the eye) or Daryl (not in the comic book and starting his own show).

screw the tv fanbase, frankly, the show needs to kill off a major character to keep it fresh. This is what made the comic so good to begin with (same for Game of Thrones).

of that group on their knees, glen is killed, abraham is already dead, rosita dies later on at the hands of a future group.

still living: rick, carl, maggie, aaron, eugene, michionne

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom