The Walking Dead | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

The Walking Dead

Having Glenn die and Maggie rise to power like in the comic book obviously would make sense, but would the show follow the comics that close that fans know, or would fans think that's not gonna happen since it would be too easy for the show to follow the comics in this case, only for the show to throw the twist in that it indeed did follow the comics? Who knows. I could see it being Michonne to piss off Rick even more. Although I hate to see one of them go, I agree that one of the stars will be killed to send the message that in such a world, no one is safe. Lots of main characters have bit the dust in the past, this is just another. The show is great.

Carol wants out anyway
Too bad she wasn't in the lineup. Apparently, the show doesn't want her out yet if she didn't die in the last show. Looks like Morgan has a little of his old self in him, although he had to do it to save Carol.

Having Glenn die and Maggie rise to power like in the comic book obviously would make sense, but would the show follow the comics that close that fans know, or would fans think that's not gonna happen since it would be too easy for the show to follow the comics in this case, only for the show to throw the twist in that it indeed did follow the comics? Who knows. I could see it being Michonne to piss off Rick even more. Although I hate to see one of them go, I agree that one of the stars will be killed to send the message that in such a world, no one is safe. Lots of main characters have bit the dust in the past, this is just another. The show is great.

totally forgot michionne was in the group. i think she lives b/c negans comments during the swing made it seem like it was man.

They never stray far from the comic narrative. introduction of jesus (though the wrote him as someone not trustworthy), carl losing the eye, lady doc took abrahams spot killed by dwight in the same manner. eugene and the bullet production. negan's speech. negans' baseball bat scene. the fact that rick kills saviors which prompted abraham's (lady doc) death in the first place and his overall retaliation. we were also introduced to the hilltop and the kingdom.

carol and morgan are long dead at this point to but andrea and sophia are still alive. I would just feel like such a let down if they dont kill off a strong character.

I disagreed with Gimple comparing this cliffhanger to LOST. Nobody knew what was in the hatch but exploring it and dealing with repurcusions of opening it is a logical overarching theme for the next season. Finding out which person died when there is already widely known source material feels like a cheap way to string people along. I'm not going as far as Sepinwall, I'll keep watching, but I'm none too happy with TWD about it. On top of all that it also seems like a heavy handed contract negotiating trick as many of the cast members are due for a new contract. Final episode rating 5/10.

i dont think that the source material is that well know.. what is the market for the comic compared to the tv show? i know 1 person who has read the comic and he isnt even caught up with it.. i know a couple dozen people who watch the show. i dont read the comic because i watch the show and dont want to have spoiler ideas put into my head.

I've never read the comics. I also know people who watch but don't read. And I try to stay away from online buzz/spoilers about the show, but did read some after the last episode about who people thought got it. Now, I watch Fear the Walking Dead to help with withdraw from no Walking Dead. Fear is a decent show.

New season starts tonight. Finally will know who gets the ax, I mean Lucille.

most horrific show on tv. .shows how far this country has sunk.!and I'm not a prude when it comes to portraying violence on tv

most horrific show on tv. .shows how far this country has sunk.!and I'm not a prude when it comes to portraying violence on tv
I just don't get the worry about zombies. I mean, they move so slow.

yeah, that was pretty flukin impressive.

going to be an interesting season. they somehow have to spring daryl early, or it could be boring.

(ha! impossible. but i assume you all get it)

Not zombies or Steve but if you saw the show tonite I think you might wish it was about steven

Great show for kids and thecaftercshow with hundreds of fans in the cemetery wishing they could get a barb wired bat for Xmas was heartfelt

Geez that was tooooooo much man. And I did 6 wisdom teeth surgeries yesterday arghhghgh. Way to many gore/blood scenes. And I'm not talking about Al

I thought they were going to go even more aggressive and have Rick be the only one left standing.

The zombies have long been of lesser concern.

If you're looking at tv as a reflection of how we've supposedly sunk as a society, I would look in the direction of endless collection of crappy reality tv shows out there.

it was pretty over the top. the 2 scenes would garner an R rating for a regular movie and they splashed this on TV. honestly couldn't believe it. wonder how many kids were watching.

it was pretty over the top. the 2 scenes would garner an R rating for a regular movie and they splashed this on TV. honestly couldn't believe it. wonder how many kids were watching.

It is a not a kids show but given the number of parents that don't actually parent I am going to guess a lot were watching.

It is a not a kids show but given the number of parents that don't actually parent I am going to guess a lot were watching.

the show itself isn't that bad that kids can't watch, im0, the zombies are cartoonish and things you see at Halloween time. go to a 6 flags fright fest. the bashing of the heads with a bat was way over the top and trust me, i'm the furthest thing on earth from a sensitive type.

The zombies have long been of lesser concern.

If you're looking at tv as a reflection of how we've supposedly sunk as a society, I would look in the direction of endless collection of crappy reality tv shows out there.

It's interesting how certain meme run through popular shows. We had a whole slew of medical dramas for a long time. Then it was CSI/24-style detective stuff. Then it was vampires and, related, the zombie apocalypse. I agree our viewing preferences probably say something about us as a society. I'm not sure what.

thankfully the show finally did something shocking like the comic books does. loved it. sht finally got real. Jesus will fill the void and Maggie becomes a major power player.

and the wildcard is Carol who's long dead in the comics but obviously one of the strongest bad asses in the show.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom